Quality Lab Technician
Description: Seeking a lab technician to join our Materials & Process Quality Laboratory.
Individual will work under direct or minimal supervision to perform material analysis and testing per the laboratory's standard work and company procedures.
In this position you will perform analyses and tests on a variety of raw materials, and/or finished products to ensure quality requirements are met. You will perform qualitative tests or assays on samples, monitor quality statistics and reports, review production records for conformance to procedures, and conduct non-conformance tests of manufactured, or tested product. You will collect and prepare samples taken on-site and materials provided by subsidiaries, suppliers, customers, and other laboratories. You will also coordinate with outside labs and technicians to perform required testing.
Typical analyses include testing of chemical processing lines, metallographic testing, composite material testing, metallurgical testing, raw material specimen preparation, fluid testing, and oven and autoclave system accuracy testing.
There may be opportunities to learn more advanced analysis such as FTIR and/or Nondestructive testing.
Desired Skills: - Knowledge of Basic Chemistry
- Experience working in a laboratory environment
- Experience performing tests in accordance with ASTM standards
- Mechanical aptitude
- Familiarity working with basic hand tools
High School diploma, or equivalent experience/combined education, with additional specialized technical training equivalent to a technical Associate degree and/or demonstrated ability to perform assigned technical tasks.
- Strong work ethic.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong reading comprehension skills including capability to interpret engineering specifications and test procedures
- Strong communication skills needed to support team-based work environment.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage in a fast paced environment with competing priorities
- Ability to follow written work instructions required.
- The ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure team environment a must.
- Off-shift work and overtime may be required to support business needs.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top