QA Engineer Senior
- Albuquerque, NM
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems,, we are passionate about innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and forward-thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education.
This requisition is for a Senior Quality professional supporting the Training & Logistics Solutions (TLS) line of business for Lockheed Martin (LM) Rotary & Mission Systems (RMS) company at Kirtland AFB, NM. This position will interact direct with the program's Quality Program Manager (QPM) and functionally report to the Enterprise Quality Engineering (EQE) Center of Excellence (COE) manager. Since this is senior-level position, the individual must be able to work independently, have experience in successfully communicating to all levels of leadership (both internal & external) & have highly developed and a broad range of Quality Engineering skills. This position will require occasional business travel (~10-30%).
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
•Assist in the identification of root causes and associated corrective actions, evaluate process/product performance (via internal audit), lead continuous improvement efforts, and participate/interface with the engineering community and customer (as the need arises) on program activities to assure processes and products are compliant to contractual requirements
•Provide QA support for program peer reviews (software & courseware), regression testing, integration & test, and functional sell-off
•Assist with monthly inputs/metrics on the quality health of the program to the QPM
•Assist with Basis of Estimate (BOE) inputs for QA Engineering work scope on ECPs and ongoing proposal efforts
•Lead/assist in quality efforts as an engaged member of the program's change control process boards (ERC/CRB/CCB)
•Support security/information assurance activities, as the need arises
•Provide technical assistance to other QA Engineers supporting the program as needed
•Support/coordinate installation of supplier-provided training devices at customer sites
• Experience working with a military customer
• Knowledgeable of courseware development and review process
• Knowledge of Instructional System Design (ISD), SW/HW engineering practices, logistics, IT infrastructure and Information Assurance principles, configuration management, test and evaluation
• Proven project and self-management skills/experience
• Comfortable reviewing engineering drawings & process diagrams
• Demonstrated leadership potential
• Understanding of Lean/Six Sigma (LSS) principles
• Experience performing a range of Root Cause Analysis methodologies
• Excellent communication/written skills
• AS9100, ISO 9001 and/or CMMI knowledge
• Product and Process Auditor experience
• Able to possess secret clearance
• Possess an LSS Black Belt or Green Belt
• Prior leading a technical team (engineering or QA) on complex projects
• Prior experience supporting BOE generation for ECPs and proposals for new work
• Experience in USAF aircrew training operations and student
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top