Description: LifePort Inc. is a world leader in the design and manufacture of a variety of fixed wing and rotary wing mission equipment for military and commercial aircraft. LifePort, located in Woodland, WA is currently searching for a dependable, experienced, and results oriented Purchasing Manager.
This Manager manages the organization, planning and implementation of all purchasing/material activities including general purchasing, subcontract management, resources, financial controls and material management. Responsible for coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions. Directs the development and control of policies, procedures, programs, systems and assures timely and economical procurement of all material, parts, assemblies, equipment and services as well as the timely planning, control and distribution of all materials, property and customer assets required to manufacture. Supports programs, projects, products, services and off-site operations in compliance with government regulations and contractual commitments.
• Works across functional teams including engineering, planning, production, sales & finance.
• Responsible for the team tasked with acquisition of materials & resources required for the company.
• Plans, organizes, directs, & controls activities related to the purchasing function.
• Prepares instructions regarding purchasing systems & procedures.
• Analyzes market & delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability, & prepares market analysis reports.
• Develops a system to evaluate vendor quotations that utilizes appropriate negotiation & purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery, & service.
• Designs, implements, manages, & monitors procurement reporting systems to meet company requirements.
• Recruits/maintains suppliers that provide high quality products and services at a better price while maintaining the highest code of ethics & conduct.
• Prepares/issues purchase orders & change notices; reviews purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
• Prepares/reviews contracts, bids, proposals, & vendor agreements for legal correctness, price, & acceptability of items to specifications.
• Oversees all activities related to procurement of a commodity, from intent to purchase through delivery of commodity.
• Assigns procurement requests.
• Negotiates complex requests for equipment, supplies, & services from suppliers and subcontractors.
• Manages/arranges for disposal of surplus materials.
• Reviews/validates MRP data related to purchased material or services including the management of inventory levels through the exceptions report.
• Acts as a liaison between suppliers, LifePort & Customers to facilitate required internal activities to meet customer requirements & manage the flow of information.
• Manages the day to day activities with the supplier including deliveries, cost, & quality issues.
• Evaluates vendor quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers.
• Manages PO placement & maintenance including PO file documentation.
• Manages PO delivery schedules & suppliers performance to ensure on time delivery in full to support internal production schedules & customer service requirements.
• Coordinates supplier quality issues including MRB tracking/clearing with other functional groups as appropriate.
• Manages key metrics related to assigned suppliers & internal processes to achieve divisional targets.
• Analyzes/resolves administrative issues including invoicing issues, non-standard charges, & freight charge backs.
• Manages the flow of information between Suppliers, LifePort and Customers.
• Upholds company values, maintains ethical conduct, and promotes mission and vision.
• Demonstrates commitment to achieving safety goals and objectives including compliance with all applicable policies, procedures and training.
Desired Skills: Preferred Qualifications:
• APICS certification,
• ISO9001 knowledge
• Experience in aerospace industry
Preferred Managerial/Leadership Experience:
• Training and development activities to maintain required skills/competencies of the assigned workforce promoting maximum potential.
• Providing performance feedback formally/informally; rewarding/recognizing employee contributions; and maintaining skills compatible with business requirements.
• Managing all staffing actions including selection and interviewing.
• Addressing complaints and investigations.
• Ensuring compliance with company's policies, procedures, guidelines, standards, etc.
• Upholding company values, maintaining ethical conduct, and promoting mission and vision.
• Supporting Continuous Improvement processes and initiatives for functional areas of responsibility.
• Developing/maintaining performance metrics and managing to highest efficiency.
Position may require 10% travel.
• Supply chain/purchasing management experience required.
• Four or more years of hands-on experience in component manufacture or a related job shop environment.
• Working knowledge of lean manufacturing, continuous improvement and Just-In-Time materials management methodologies.
• Expert ability in using of ERP/MRP/SAP, and MS Office products (e.g., Excel, Word,) and other industry programs.
• Thorough understanding of product costing concepts and cost management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and manage concurrent tasks/projects.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and work independently in a fast paced environment; work well both autonomously and within a team environment.
• Develop and foster relationships, with both internal and external customers.
• Have proven listening skills and ability to retain and memorize data.
• Initiative to follow-up on pending issues and assign work.
• Excellent oral/presentation and written skills.
• Proven capability of interfacing with business managers of all levels.
• Problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Have ability to exercise independent judgment and recognize critical financial impacts to the business.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin's Employees
Whitley’s job is all about integrating data sets that will efficiently and effectively move projects through visualization and development stages to final deployment.
Back to top