Description: The candidate should be able to plan and execute Navigation Subsystem documentation in support of multiple Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) Navigation Subsystem Program Increments. The candidate must be able to identify fleet issues that impact deployed Navigation Subsystem documentation and develop scope, cost, and schedule to deliver Navigation Subsystem electronic documentation for current and future FBM Navigation Subsystem Program Increments and SPALTs. Candidate should possess Navigation Subsystem knowledge to evaluate Trouble and Failure Reports (TFRs), Field Engineering reports, and questions from the customer and make required changes to first and second-level documentation. Candidate will be responsible for the generation (writing and tagging) of the electronic documentation using Clear Case file management system and hypertext tagging of electronic documentation as well as documenting all changes via Program Problem Reports (PPRs), meeting schedules, and submitting the documentation for verification and incorporating any comments. Candidate will also be responsible for applying submarine unique operability and human factor considerations gained from previous experience to writing and reviewing first and second-level documentation.
Responsibilities will include the following:
• Collect, review, analyze, and edit engineering information from multiple sources.
• Developing and delivering first and second-level Navigation Subsystem electronic documentation.
• Ensuring tight schedule control of all phases of documentation development.
• Responding to customer and engineering review comments provided via Trouble and Failure Reports (TFRs) and Program Problem Reports (PPRs) programs.
• TFR processing from initial receipt to development of a response, including resolution of any comments with customer.
• Resolving PPRs from initial receipt to development of the response until acceptance of response by customer.
• Coordinating with US and UK customers, designated contractors and subcontractors, Fleet personnel as well as with LM Operations, Quality, and System Test departments for reviews and approvals.
• Submitting SWS Technical Information Change Requests and Notifications (TICRs and TICNs) coordinating documentation deliveries through the SSP delivery process.
• Represent the Documentation department on all peer reviews of software and documentation transfer procedures delivered in support of SSBN fleet installation.
• Making SPALT Program changes in related technical documentation updates.
• Hypertext tagging of electronic documentation database using Standard Generalized Markup Language (SGML) and Clear Case file management
• Able to assess and evaluate documentation changes and make verification methodology recommendations. Developing verification test plans for use in formal verification testing of Electronic Documentation (Docware) deliveries, and assist in verification testing.
• Representing Lockheed Martin (LM) documentation team at meetings with customer representatives.
• Reviewing Interim Guidance (IG), Interim Change (IC), and documentation authorization messages to be issued by TYCOM in support of Navigation Subsystem issues and deliveries.
• Preparing and updating Departmental Operating Procedures (DOPs) for Creating New or Changes to IETMs and support government audits.
• Training and leading less-experienced technical writers; establishing and controlling task assignments, evaluating progress and providing constructive feedback
• Preparing and presenting Documentation status presentations in support of U.S. and U.K. customer status meetings and program milestone reviews.
• Evaluating Contract Statement of Works (SOWs) and developing Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for Technical Documentation deliveries based on metrics and experience and able to support customer fact finding meetings defending budgets.
• Maintain delivery configuration and coordinate shipments of Documentation and conjunctive
Desired Skills: • Technical knowledge of Trident Navigation Subsystem equipments.
• Strong communication, writing, and editing skills.
• Ability to draft technical manuals (Description/Operation/Maintenance/Parts List) from source data (design drawings, equipment specifications, vendor data, interviews with engineers) in accordance with technical writing and publishing practices specified in customer specifications, requirements, and quality standards.
• Proficient in using the Trouble and Failure Reports (TFRs) and Program Problem Reports (PPRs) systems to respond to documentation issues raised by the fleet during tactical use and training.
• Ability to train, coordinate, direct, and lead activities of less experienced technical writers.
• Demonstrated proficiency in composing Integrated Electronic Technical Manuals (IETMs) using VULCAN authoring tools and create supporting illustrations using Microsoft VISIO graphics software.
The candidate will be a highly motivated leader, multi-disciplined publications engineer. The candidate will ensure meeting overall technical scope, cost, and schedule of milestones and work with stakeholders in analyzing and evaluating technical data. The candidate will lead team(s) through all stages of publications lifecycle including requirements, design, production, test, deployment, and support. The candidate must be able to plan publications tasks and provide guidance and assistance to team members, including other publications engineers and other engineering groups, to execute doc development to the fleet. The candidate will measure progress and identify corrective actions to address cost and or schedule issues. The position will require extensive interfacing with both internal and external stakeholders as well as customers.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 to 10 years of professional experience; or 2 to 5 years experience required with a related Master's degree. Considered experienced, but still a learner.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top