Proposal Manager Senior
Description: Lockheed Martin is seeking a motivated leader to be a Proposal Manager (Individual Contributor) located in Ft Worth, TX as part of a dynamic and hard-working team.
The Lockheed Martin Aeronautics New Business Competitive Proposal operations team provides support to complex, strategic proposal efforts for designing, developing, producing and sustaining aerospace and defense platforms for the U.S. and allied militaries.
The candidate must successfully perform proposal lifecycle activities specializing in proposal management tasks to include, but not limited to:
• Working with all levels of the proposal team to develop
and prepare high-quality, compliant and compelling
proposals. Effective leadership is essential for building a cohesive, high performing team.
• Coordinating with Capture Managers, Business
Development, Engineering, Business Ventures, facilities
and other organizations to identify the proposal team
and facilities resources
• Responsible for configuration management of the
proposal artifacts utilizing Microsoft SharePoint
• Reviewing, shredding/bursting/parsing, and analyzing
White Papers, RFIs, RFPs, BAAs, and Task Order
• Developing and preparing compliance matrices
• Developing and maintaining proposal schedules, and
driving the proposal team adherence to the schedule
• Pulling together Kick-off meetings and materials, and
presenting at the Kick-off
• Leading Daily Stand-up status meetings and tracking
• Tracking and reporting status of proposal sections to
include monitoring proposal content for accuracy,
consistency and compliance while anticipating issues to
schedule and resources
• Leading proposal color reviews (Pink & Red Teams) to
include scheduling, organizing, facilitating, inviting,
review preparation and conduct, and supporting
comment summation, adjudication, and final inclusion
• Demonstrate proposal process expertise and ability to
tailor as appropriate including the ability to guide
proposal team members on proposal processes
• Leading proposal teams in post-submittal activities such
as Evaluation Notices (EN), Final Proposal Revisions
(FPRs), orals, lessons learned, etc.
• Supporting development of the Win Strategy and
Capture Plan to include the Customer Value Proposition,
and generation of substantiated key messages and
• Ensuring key messages are flowed down to and
captured in the proposal
• Ensure Proposal Development Center (PDC) work spaces
are well-maintained for the proposal teams including
daily oversight and maintenance of your assigned PDC
• Supports special projects and completes other
responsibilities association with the position as may be
appropriate such as event planning, preparation of
marketing or business development materials
• Ability to work overtime as needed.
• The selected candidate must be able to travel as required as this position can require substantial travel.
MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN - This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
Desired Skills: • Experience working competitive proposal development
for US and foreign government pursuits.
• Experience as a Proposal Manager, and/or Book Boss
or Volume Lead, and/or Proposal Coordinator.
• Well-versed in the competitive proposal processes
(Lockheed Martin, LM Aeronautics, Shipley)
• Knowledge of the DoD Acquisition process.
• Exceptional people skills to work in a dynamic service-
• Superior verbal, listening and written communication
• Strong writing ability with experience in developing
content for technical, management, past performance,
resume proposal sections.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
• Association of Proposal Management Professionals
• Bachelor's degree
• Team/project leadership experience
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and/or Adobe
Acrobat and SharePoint
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top