Program Planner (early career level)
- Huntsville, AL
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing team is on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we'll build a better tomorrow with you.
Going to space is just the beginning. It's what you do when you get there that matters. Lockheed Martin Space builds the satellites and spacecraft that do amazing things in space for our government and commercial customers. Connecting people, advancing discovery, and protecting what matters most. Lockheed Martin-built satellites give earlier warning of severe weather, connect troops on the battlefield, and deliver GPS directions to a billion people worldwide. As we look to the future, we're driving innovations to help our customers do even more in orbit. That's why we're crafting smarter satellites that operate like smartphones in the sky, with apps that can be updated in orbit so they can adapt as mission needs on the ground change. Your mission is ours. As that mission evolves, we'll be ready. Will you? Come, join our Program Planning team in the dynamic world Space. Here, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach - and yours -- as a Lockheed Martin employee.
Our facility in Huntsville, AL has an immediate opportunity for an early career level Program Planner who wants to be part of our mission supporting the Next Generation Interceptor Program (NGI). Specifically, you will support the execution and proposal efforts of the NGI and other Strategic Missile Defense Programs (SMD) as required. This position will require you to interface with Missile Defense Agency, Engineering, Business Operations, and Program Management. You'll also brief senior management and the customer as required. You will be tasked with supporting the development of a compliant Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), which will reflect accurate and detailed contractual scope and resources to execute the program.
Other responsibilities you will have include:
• Supporting development and maintenance of the program Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) including ensuring integration between the IMS and the Integrated Master Plan (IMP)
• Maintaining schedule integration between the IMS and the Component Level Summary Schedule and supplemental schedules
• Performing critical path and schedule risk analyses as required
• Providing planning support to CAMs as part of monthly F&BO earned value management rhythms. Ensure EVMS/IMS Integration
• Performing schedule integrity checks as required
• Generating and delivering IMS reports and metrics as required
• Presenting schedule related information to internal customer
• Ensuring compliance with LM Corporate Program Performance Management and Program Planning policies and practices
• Providing consistent interface to MFC Program Planning leadership team
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 2 - 5 years of experience.
Join us. Let's do Space!
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
• 1 year of program planning or related scheduling experience
• Must be a United States citizen and be able to obtain a Secret security clearance
• Bachelors or Masters degree with 1-3 years of professional experience being related to program planning
• Knowledge and experience working in Real Time Projects and Microsoft Project Server
• Familiarity with Space/MFC Operations and Strategic Missile Defense (SMD) LOB
• Prior Earned Value Management (EVM) experience
• Knowledge of Corporate PPMP requirements document and SSC PPM-IP document
• Experience Working with resource loaded schedules
• Providing direct program planning expertise across Program Components
Benefits you can enjoy include:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
• Paid time off
• 25 three-day weekends
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top