Description: Lockheed Martin Space is helping the future arrive through partnerships that raise the bar on global communications, weather forecasting, space exploration and national security. Lockheed Martin Space is focused on several core lines of business, Advanced Technology Center, Civil Space, Commercial Space, Military Space, Mission Solutions, Special Programs and Strategic Missile Defense. The space industry is rapidly changing. At Lockheed Martin Space, we remain focused on shaping the space technologies of tomorrow by taking bold actions today! Join our team to contribute to our strategy to stay ahead of the curve and evolve to support the critical missions of our customers!
Lockheed Martin Space is looking for a staff-level Program Planner to support the Mission Solutions line of business. Mission Solutions develops, delivers, and operates affordable engineering and sustainment solutions for commercial, military and intelligence users across the globe. These mission critical efforts include development of innovative enterprise, cloud and application-based solutions for mission management, command and control, collection orchestration and tasking, processing, data analysis and analytics along with premier operations and sustainment capabilities of space- based programs in support of national security. For this Program Planner role you will need to be someone who thrives in a dynamic environment, leads by example, and has the desire and ability to influence and foster collaboration and teamwork to generate impactful results. You will be part of a program planning team that plans and manages detailed schedules for design, development, test, and operations. Responsibilities will include:
• Interface with Engineering, Finance and Business Operations, and Program Management while collaborating with the entire planning team to translate authorized customer requirements into the performance measurement baseline
• Develop and maintain compliant Integrated Master Plans (IMP) and Schedules (IMS) which accurately and comprehensively validate contractual scope, work flow, and resources required to execute the program
• Work with cross-functional teams to facilitate communication between stakeholders to drive progress and performance, and evaluate changes and status
• Assist in negotiating handoffs between product areas regarding technical content and schedules as well as facilitating workaround planning as required
• Serve as a liaison by maintaining, publishing, and presenting relevant planning and scheduling information and metrics to provide visibility and communicate potential issues to management and engineering
The selected individual will report through the central Integrated Enterprise Planning team which will also allow for stretch opportunities when appropriate in other planning disciplines and programs.
Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, on-site medical care, 25 three-day weekends, and healthy living incentives just to name a few reasons to join Lockheed Martin Space.
Desired Skills: • Active TS/SCI clearance
• Ability to work independently as well as part of an integrated team
• Ability to liaise with, speak and present effectively to personnel at all levels of the organization
• Strong communication, influential and relationship management skills
• Experience with compliance requirements and surveillance reviews
• Proposal experience
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 10 years of professional experience
• Planning/scheduling experience with Earned Value Management requirements
• Demonstrated ability to compile, prepare, and present information to management and customers
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively across multiple disciplines
• Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Demonstrated competency using Microsoft Project software
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top