Program Operations Manager
- Santa Cruz, CA
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we'll build a better tomorrow with you.
Going to space is just the beginning. It's what you do when you get there that matters. Lockheed Martin Space builds the satellites and spacecraft that do amazing things in space for our government and commercial customers. Connecting people, advancing discovery, and protecting what matters most. Lockheed Martin-built satellites give earlier warning of severe weather, connect troops on the battlefield, and deliver GPS directions to a billion people worldwide. As we look to the future, we're driving innovations to help our customers do even more in orbit. That's why we're crafting smarter satellites that operate like smartphones in the sky, with apps that can be updated in orbit so they can adapt as mission needs on the ground change. Your mission is ours. As that mission evolves, we'll be ready. Will you? Come, join our Project Engineering team in the dynamic world Space. Here, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach - and yours -- as a Lockheed Martin employee.
Our facility in Santa Cruz, CA has an immediate opportunity for a senior level Project Engineer to join our mission as a Program Operations Manager within our Strategic Missile Defense organization on the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM)program. If you enjoy the outdoors, this is a rare opportunity to work in a remote part of the Bay Area that offers views of the ocean while working amongst the beautiful Santa Cruz Mountains Redwoods and the abundant wildlife that finds our Santa Cruz site home along with our employees who work here.
In this role your primary focus will be on maintaining the strong track record of stable programs that have highly evolving technical requirements. You will have the pleasure of working together with the skilled leaders who will provide you a wide variety of engagement programs and meaningful work which will help you further develop your individual potential and future leadership opportunities.
Summary of Key Duties:
• You will coordinate planning, budget, integration, and completion of production projects within FBM at the Santa Cruz Facility (SCF) Lockheed Martin Enterprise facility
• You will lead project management of technical projects to ensure effective operation of the overall enterprise business rhythm focus specifically on supporting FBM products in development or production.
• You will provide Project Management of FBM & Enterprise initiatives to ensure performance to schedule, budget and quality of FBM products
• You will provide recommendations to improve Enterprise effectiveness to meet program schedule, budget and quality expectations
• As needed to support onsite FBM production, you will support any additional tasks or responsibilities that may be required
Join us, let's do Space!
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a technical/engineering/science discipline. Candidates with equivalent experience/combined education in manufacturing and/or operations will also be considered
• At least 5 years of proven ability leading multidisciplinary teams
• At least 10 years of experience in manufacturing and/or operations
• Knowledge of manufacturing software to include SAP, MS Project (or comparable scheduling tool), EPDM, and/or MS Excel
• Demonstrated experience developing and tracking budgets and schedules
• Must be a United States citizen and be able to obtain a Secret security clearance
• Active Secret clearance
• Masters degree in a technical field
• Prior Fleet Ballistic Missile experience
• Cost Account Management experience
• Experience leading Structure Improvement Events
• Experience identifying cost improvement opportunities and following them to closure
• Proven experience presenting to customers and executive leadership
• Experience taking a technical project from conceptualization, develop plan and lead to successful completion
Benefits you can enjoy include:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
• Paid time off
• 25 three-day weekends
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top