Portfolio Mgr, Internal Equity
Description: Lockheed Martin Corporation headquartered in Bethesda, MD, Lockheed Martin (LMC) is a global security company that employs about 90,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services.
LM Investment Management Company
Lockheed Martin Investment Management Company ("LMIMCo"), established in 1997, is the named fiduciary for the investment of assets in Lockheed Martin sponsored pension, savings, and other employee benefit trusts. Our mission is to manage the assets entrusted to us with prudence, diligence, and skill. LMIMCo's obligation is to protect the interests of the benefit plan participants by enhancing the value of the assets. We operate solely in the interests of plan participants and beneficiaries, and with the care, skill, prudence, and diligence that a prudent individual acting in like capacity and familiar with such matters would use.
Our primary fiduciary responsibilities include the establishment of investment policies and strategies governing the investment of assets in various employee trust funds, and the appointment, removal, and monitoring of external investment managers and other service providers who exercise delegated authority over the investment and custody of trust Assets.
The Senior Equity Research Analyst covering the Global Financial sector provides support to the LMIMCO internal equity team by researching the business fundamentals, earnings prospects, technical analysis and other stock drivers for companies in the LMIMCO universe, and making investment recommendations to the Managing Director of Global Equities (Portfolio Manager). The LMIMCO internal equity group currently manages an $800 Million US Large Cap equity portfolio and will launch a Global Large Cap equity portfolio January 2015.
• Conduct industry and company specific comprehensive fundamental analysis, including in-depth financial statement analysis.
• Actively monitor stock technicals, buy-side and sell-side sentiment, as well as intra-sector rotations.
• Present overviews and timely investment recommendations to the equity team, including buy and sell ideas.
• Identify company and industry trends.
• Provide meaningful written research summaries.
• Participate in and attend meetings and conferences with companies and analysts.
Desired Skills: • MBA & Chartered Financial Analyst certification is desired.
• Equity research experience in covering the Asian financial sector.
• Experience in Asian equity markets
• Hedge fund experience.
• Experience in actively following stocks and markets and making timely Buy and Sell recommendations.
• Experience with hedge fund portfolios.
• Must be quantitatively-oriented, self-motivated and have a strong sense of initiative.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work as a contributing member of a team.
• Ability to adapt quickly and work well under pressure in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
• Ability to work both independently and as a part of a research/investment team to identify potential opportunities and exploit inefficiencies in the marketplace.
• 5-7 equity research experience covering the global financial sector (United States (U.S.) and pan-European financial sector equity research experience a must)
• Bachelors Degree
• Experience with United States (U.S.) and European (EU) equity markets
• Prior experience working closely with a Portfolio Manager.
• Strong Financial Analysis acumen
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top