Owego, NY- Avionics Systems Integration & Test Engineer
Description: The Lockheed Martin Owego (New York) Systems Engineering Integration & Test team is looking for mid-career Avionics Systems engineers to join our team. The selected individual will work as part of a dynamic Systems Engineering team supporting systems integration activities for military aircraft platforms. Activities and responsibilities will include interfacing with multiple engineering disciplines (hardware, software, and specialty engineering), developing and executing comprehensive test procedures, analyzing test results, documenting issues, and developing other Integration & Test artifacts/activities for the successful integration of avionics subsystems onto rotary-wing and/or fixed-wing aircraft platforms.
Our most current needs are for team members experienced with integrating and testing software-centric systems. Areas of engagement include items such as tactical data links, computer networks, computer architectures, digital video, cybersecurity, defensive avionics, aircraft sensors, human-machine interfaces, MIL-STD-1553 data buses, scripting, debugging/troubleshooting in a laboratory and/or aircraft environment, and working as part of an Agile development team.
Owego, New York is located about 200 miles northwest of New York City and about 75 miles south of Syracuse New York. Owego sits just north of the border with Pennsylvania and is part of what's known as the Southern Tier" section of New York State. The region is home to Binghamton University and Cornell University. Niagara Falls, NYC, & Philadelphia are all within a few hours' drive from Owego. Rolling hillsides, historic homes, quaint country shops, riverside restaurants, unique farm tours, fabulous festivals and a beautiful river make this region a great place to live.
Desired Skills: • Experience with tactical data links, computer networks, computer architectures, digital video, cybersecurity, defensive avionics, aircraft sensors, human-machine interfaces, and MIL-STD-1553 data buses
• Experience with test tools such as signal analyzers, bus analyzers, oscilloscopes, multimeters, network taps, packet analyzers, time-domain reflectometers, simulation tools, and specialized avionics test sets
• Experience with requirement management tools such as DOORS
• Experience with issue tracking tools such as JIRA
• Experience with Agile development process
• Must be able to obtain DoD Secret Security clearance
• Avionics systems engineering experience, preferably working military programs
• Experience with the integration and test of rotary wing aircraft platforms
• Familiarity with the systems engineering process, including all phases of the development lifecycle
• Ability to develop and execute comprehensive test procedures
• Ability to troubleshoot problems, analyze test results, and document issues
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Demonstrated leadership ability
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin's Employees
Whitley’s job is all about integrating data sets that will efficiently and effectively move projects through visualization and development stages to final deployment.
Back to top