ORTS System Engineer / AEGIS Weapon System
- Norfolk, VA
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
The ORTS Systems Engineer is responsible for ensuring ORTS System equipment and related interfaces are operational and available in support of the Aegis Modernization Team in Norfolk VA.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Equipment suites, setup configurations, equipment interfaces and identification of proper data extraction requirements
• Responsible for proper installation, activation, and operation of ORTS computing environment including OE, configuration and computer program operation and interface with other elements
• Identify and resolve equipment and computer program issues
• Analyze element test results, data recording, and report findings for functional tests
• Provide engineering support for the interfaces and capabilities and limitations
• Analyze pre-availability baseline test packages and resolve discrepancies
• Review existing test procedures and recommend changes
• Prepare for computer program and/or equipment changes to support ship test and integration program.
• Provide support for crew preparations for trials
• Fault Isolate ORTS equipment, configuration and computer program problems
Ability to work in a multi-corporate team environment under only general direction and have proven experience working in a dynamic work environment that requires change on extremely short notice.
Proven work experience finding solutions to challenging issues while under pressure. Must have complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field; general knowledge of other related disciplines. Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts requiring excellent written and oral communication skills.
Must have the ability to obtain an Interim Secret security clearance prior to start, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Up to 50% travel may be required in support of AEGIS Modernization availabilities conducted at locations outside Norfolk, VA.
Detail Qualifications include:
• Knowledge of computer/network hardware
• Working knowledge of LINUX/UNIX
• Knowledge of Computer applications and software development
• Working knowledge of general purpose test equipment and hardware testing methodologies
• Must be physically able to support daily work on US Navy ship pier side and embarkation on U.S. Navy ship underway
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-corporate team with minimal supervision in an interrupt-driven, multi-tasking environment
• Demonstrated ability to lead teams to accomplish test, integration and troubleshooting
• Intermediate level of competence with Microsoft Office (specifically Word, Excel, Power Point and Project)
• Candidate will be subject to drug screening as per company policy
• Ability to travel up to 50 percent of the time
Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills with good written and verbal communication skills
Proven ability to work with associated contractors, Navy crewmembers and other government personnel. Prior NAVY at sea and CIC test operations aboard AEGIS CG and DDG.
* Operational experience with Aegis Weapons System (BL7, 8, 9) and ORTS and/or BMD experience a plus.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top