Optical Engineer Asc
Description:The Optical Engineer will work in an exciting environment where innovation is a part of our culture. The work will include the design and development of laser systems that are field deployable in military environments. Due to the variety of the work, the candidate will need a flexible and adaptable skill set, with a strong learning orientation. Our Optical Engineer will:
• Perform functions to develop, model, design, and simulate optical systems powered by various types of lasers which include fiber lasers, optical parametric oscillators, semiconductor lasers.
• Work in an optical lab to execute experiments and to validate new design architectures.
• Engage in troubleshooting optical systems including electronics.
• Evaluate potential new tools and equipment for effectiveness and relevance.
• Perform trade-off analyses.
• Apply technical knowledge to develop solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
• Collaborate extensively with local team and other Lockheed locations
Degree in Physics, Optics or closely related technical
field from an accredited college or equivalent education and experience.
Minimum 3.0 GPA
Assist with the build and operation of laser amplifier technology.
Analyze experimental results and draw valid conclusions based on data and expected outcomes.
Design and conduct basic optical lab experiments.
Conduct laser and optical analysis using fundamental physics and engineering principles.
Strong verbal & written communications skills.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
Good written and verbal communication skills.
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative and team-based environment.
Ability to obtain a security clearance.
Experience designing and developing laser systems.
Ability to write code using Labview and MatLab for experimental data collection and analysis.
Optical modeling skills with analysis as tools such as ZEMAX, FRED and/or LasCAD.
Back to top