Operations Analyst - Modeling & Simulation
Description:Lockheed Martin is looking for world-class talent in Operations Analysis to join our historic Skunk Works team in Fort Worth, TX. Collaborating with a team of analysts, the selected candidate will be responsible for modeling and analysis of military systems to quantify the impact of operational concepts, air vehicle design, payloads, and tactics. Analyses performed will support requirements definition, mission effectiveness, system of system evaluation, and military utility assessment for a broad spectrum of missions including combat air, intelligence-surveillance-reconnaissance, and air mobility. Responsibilities will include researching and modeling military systems performance and operations; developing analytical methods and simulations to facilitate analyses; executing trade studies; performing data analytics and statistical analysis; and developing effective presentations that succinctly communicate results and findings.
The team is seeking a candidate who can apply engineering techniques, analytical methods, and critical thinking to inform and improve decision-making and quantify value proposition for advanced concepts and technology applications. We need a candidate who is passionate about working on cutting-edge design concepts and technology; driven to learn and explore new areas; enjoys being part of a team and thinks strategically and creatively with proven analytical and engineering problem-solving skills. As a member of a high-performing multi-site team, the successful candidate must demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills as the position will require frequent interactions and collaboration with leadership, project leads, other team members, and engineers in other disciplines. The ability to work in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team environment is critical. The ability to travel on occasion is required.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Must be a US Citizen or able to work in the U.S. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
- Bachelor or above degree from an accredited college in a related technical discipline
- Scripting/programming experience (MATLAB or Perl/Python)
- Electrical Engineering degree preferred
- Courses in RF Engineering and Theory; addressing propagation, reflection of electromagnetic waves, and initial antenna theory
- Experience applying simulations to assess performance and/or effectiveness of systems
- Experience in technical research, data mining, statistical analysis, and data visualization
- Familiarity with system engineering, trade studies, design of experiments, statistics or optimization methods
- Knowledge of military aircraft, missions, and operations
- Software development or integration experience; with knowledge of object-oriented design applying Java or C++
- Prior intern experience
- Current DoD clearance
Back to top