Network Engineer- Wireless
- Ridgecrest, CA
Description:Join Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems team that supports the Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) Research Development Test and Evaluation (RDT&E) organization at Naval Air Weapons Station (NAWS) China Lake in Ridgecrest, Ca.
The qualified candidate will function as Network Engineer and have a strong fundamental understanding of the network and enterprise architecture and operations. The candidate will interface with our NAVAIR customer to coordinate and perform program network efforts and activities. Additionally, the candidate will provide technical guidance to the customer, and LM & partner teammates. This position may require infrequent availability to support a 7-day, 24-hour shift effort and be on-call for emergencies.
Must have current Secret Clearance to start
• Experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting wired and wireless networks
• Experience implementing and enforcing 802.1X/802.11 standards on networks.
• Experience working WPA Enterprise encryption standards.
• Thorough knowledge of and experience with firewall applications, set up, maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Thorough knowledge of and experience with IPS / IDS
Worked with FIPS level encryption standard over networks.
• Knowledge of and experience with implementing and managing a certificate authority for PKI
• Thorough knowledge of and ability to use various wireless client tools to detect and resolve issues
• Thorough knowledge of switches and routers
• Thorough knowledge of networking fundamentals including VLANs, subnets, protocols, and standards
• CompTIA Security+ or CCNA Security (DoD 8570 compliant
All of the above or currently enrolled in the RMS Cyber Acceleration Program (CAP)
• Weekend/evening or call in work occasionally required supporting 24X7 operations or maintenance activities
• Network Operating System Certification (Cisco/Juniper/Aruba preferred)
• Microsoft Operating System Certification
• CCNP, CCIE desired
• Knowledge of wireless controllers (HP Aruba, CISCO, Juniper), wireless access points and the ability to deploy and configure them.
• Knowledge & experience working with VPN, firewalls, Routers, and switches (CISCO/Juniper)
• Knowledge & Experience with of VMWare, Esxi
• Knowledge of and experience with VPN concentrators.
• Thorough knowledge of and experience with Windows 10 and Server 2012 operating systems and Microsoft Active Directory.
•Principles, deployment and troubleshooting Active Directory applications in a large Enterprise environment.
• Knowledge of OPSF, BGP, Multicast, IPv4, IPv6, QOS
• Experience with Visio
• Experience mitigating and isolating wireless attacks.
• Ability to use tools to detect rogue access points
• Ability to integrate wired and wireless networks to other enterprise systems
• DoD network architect and enterprise experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top