- Littleton, CO
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space. Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems.
Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The Innovation arm of the Business Innovation, Transformation, and Enterprise Excellence (BITEE) Organization in Lockheed Martin Space is focused on revolutionizing how Lockheed Martin Space does business. Many of our team projects are the tip of the spear in imagining, promoting, establishing, and delivering the future of Lockheed Martin Space in this decade and beyond.
This position is for a Network Engineer on our BITEE Innovation team responsible for designing and developing innovative network solutions within this organization for the HiveStar™ portfolio with wide impact across the business. The ideal candidate has a strong desire to learn, is self-motivated, and a team player while applying strong technical aptitude to an incredible team developing creative and novel technical solutions that have a lasting impact on our world.
Roles and responsibilities include:
• Evaluating, architect and implement new technology
• Working in an agile and DevSecOps environment
• Partnering with peers and internal stakeholders to shape project requirements through industry research, stakeholder interviews and emerging trends
• Collaborating with project managers and development team to ensure projects are on schedule
• Experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting wired and wireless networks
• Experience implementing and enforcing 802.1X/802.11 standards on networks
• Thorough knowledge of and experience with firewall applications, set up, maintenance and troubleshooting
• Thorough knowledge of and experience with Intrusion Protection System (IPS) / Intrusion Detection System (IDS)
• Knowledge of and experience with implementing and managing a certificate authority for public key infrastructure (PKI)
• Thorough knowledge of and ability to use various wireless client tools to detect and resolve issues
• Thorough knowledge of switches and routers
• Thorough knowledge of networking fundamentals including VLANs, subnets, protocols, and standards
• Advanced understanding and experience with network architecture, engineering, design, implementation, testing, network communication protocols, network routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP) and IP network troubleshooting
• Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP behavior, network communications
• Understanding of 5G protocols and systems
• Knowledge & experience working with VPN, firewalls, Routers, and switches
• Knowledge of OPSF, BGP, Multicast, IPv4, IPv6, QOS
• Ability to integrate wired and wireless networks to other enterprise systems
• DoD network architect and enterprise experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top