MPCMS Tech / Test Engineer
- Green Bay, WI
Description:The Job: The Test and Engineering (T&E) Main Propulsion Control & Monitoring System (MPCMS) position, under the supervision of the lead MPCMS test
engineer, will perform the following tasks:
• Coordinate Main Propulsion Control & Monitoring System (MPCMS) Test and Engineering (T&E) activities including planning, documentation, & execution of shipboard installation, testing, trials, & certification, for the ship automation and control/monitoring systems.
• Provide oversight, coordination, & maintenance of
T&E plans and schedules for respective test areas.
• Coordinate test planning, dependency management,
and test conduct with the Installation Engineers
(Seaframe, Combat Systems), ship builder, LM teams,
vendors, QA, and customer
• Coordinate the process for definition, verification, &
work-off of dependencies to support MPCMS test
• Develop and implement strategies for MPCMS test
sequence and prioritization to minimize impact and
• Identify, communicate, and coordinate problems
and deficiencies impacting MPCMS installation and
• Coordinate the development & documentation of
daily test plans & status to manage & track test
dependencies & progress
• Coordinate Trials planning & conduct with the
shipyard and LM teams for MPCMS areas.
• Provide technical coordination/support to the Navy
for MPCMS certifications
• Keep knowledge current on related industry
knowledge and standards
This position will require a US government security clearance prior to starting.
• Knowledge of ship automation and ship
propulsion control/monitoring system equipment
operation and integration.
• Prior experience with associated test equipment to
include radio frequency (RF) generators, multimeters,
oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers
• Prior experience monitoring ship HM&E equipment
such as propulsion plant, electric plant, damage
control or safety equipment systems
• Ability to coordinate production, vendors, and
outside agencies for required installation, light-off,
test, and trials support, including dependency
identification, tracking, and resolution.
• Ability to research design and implementation
issues, read and translate ship drawings, and
communicate implementation approaches and
Prior experience as a US Navy fire control
electronics technician, to include electronics troubleshooting and repair
Experience with the operation and maintenance of USN Propulsion Controls equipment.
• Experience working in a shipyard environment.
- Knowledge of Profibus Networks.
• US Navy NEC / Gas Turbine Specialist Electrical or
Gas Turbine Specialist Mechanical background a plus
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top