Mooestown, NJ - Specialty Engineering Intern
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
A member of the Specialty Engineering Team at Lockheed Martin in Moorestown, NJ will be expected to support several engineering and program activities on various exciting and challenging technical projects.
System Safety Engineers are responsible for performing analysis of the various products that the company produces in order to determine the inherent risk and ensure the safe operation of these products. In order to accomplish this, a standard methodology is used to perform analysis, which occurs in all phases of the development life cycle. Specifically, this intern opportunity is intended to provide the candidate with a solid foundation in the System Safety Engineering discipline, while also exposing the candidate to other disciplines such as Systems and Radar Engineering. In addition, this opportunity will also expose the candidate to multiple products that the company develops.
Reliability Engineers are responsible for ensuring that the products and systems produced by Lockheed Martin meet reliability, maintainability, and availability requirements. Reliability engineers work with design engineering, manufacturing, integration and test, sourcing, and other functional areas to drive in reliability best practices into the design and ensure that they are met throughout the entire life cycle of a product. This intern opportunity provides the candidate with an opportunity to understand and contribute to the various reliability activities we perform on the programs we support.
- Pursuing BS in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent.
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal), strong team leadership, administrative and interpersonal skills desired.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
-Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Familiarity with system engineering processes, including top-down design, requirements allocation/traceability, and integrated test approach.
- Experience in working within an integrated team environment.
- Experience with requirements database tools such as DOORS.
- Experience with writing formal technical documentation.
- Ability to interpret technical drawings, requirements, and documentation
Back to top