Model-Based System Engineer, Sr
Description: Lockheed Martin is seeking Systems Engineers with Model Based Design experience in the aircraft, avionics, simulation, and training domains to join our Owego NY location, supporting the Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS) operating unit. As a Systems Engineer in RMS, you will be an integral part of the technical execution of RMS's broad portfolio of platforms and programs - from Helicopter and Airplane Systems, to Sensor and Subsystems, to Training & Simulation.
In this position, you will be given the opportunity to leverage your Model-Based System Engineering (MBSE) experiences on teams engaged in the design of complex military systems. You will use MBSE tools to capture stakeholder and system requirements, facilitate discussion and understanding of system usage, and enhance a culture of model based designs. You will engage other Systems Engineers in a broader understanding of modeling and assist them in developing Systems Engineering work products, including: System Specifications, Logically Derived and Linked Requirements, Interface Definitions, System Diagrams, Trade Studies, and Detailed Designs.
As a successful candidate in this position, you will apply your MBSE experience to aerospace and avionics systems consisting of hardware elements, embedded software elements, standard avionics communications interfaces, and sensor systems. You will participate in teams to model and consider the system use cases and human interactions.
Owego, New York is located about 200 miles northwest of New York City and about 75 miles south of Syracuse New York. Owego sits just north of the border with Pennsylvania and is part of what's known as the Southern Tier" section of New York State. The region is home to Binghamton University, Ithaca College and Cornell University. Niagara Falls, NYC, & Philadelphia are all within a few hours' drive from Owego. Rolling hillsides, historic homes, quaint country shops, riverside restaurants, wineries, craft breweries, festivals and a beautiful river make this region a great place to live.
Desired Skills: • Experience or familiarity with working in an Agile development environment
• Experience working in teams with both local and virtual team members
• Understanding of a broad set of common aircraft technologies and interfaces (e.g. sensors, mission systems, software designs, human machine interfaces, Ethernet, 1553)
• Experience generating deliverable Systems Engineering documents from the system model
• Current active secret security clearance
• Basic / Intermediate experience using Enterprise Modeling Tools to model complex systems using SysML
• Broad systems engineering experience (e.g. system architecture and design, systems documentation, system requirements, CONOPS, systems verification)
• Experience developing, deriving, and allocating tiered Systems Engineering requirements in Aerospace & Defense applications
• Proven ability to work effectively and collaborate in a team environment
• Strong written, communication, and presentation skills
• Advanced proficiency in MS Office Products
• Must have the ability to obtain a secret security clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top