Military Operations Analyst / Mission-Campaign Lead (Level 5)
- Palmdale, CA
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
Lockheed Martin is seeking world-class technical leadership talent in Operations Analysis to join our historic Skunk Works team in Palmdale, CA. The selected candidate will serve as Operations Analysis Technical Lead for classified studies supporting new business capture, strategic decision making, development of advanced concepts, and evaluation of systems and technologies to support warfighter requirements.
The selected candidate will be responsible for planning, scoping, executing, and presenting mission and/or campaign analyses to quantify the impact of system design, payloads, tactics, Concept of Operations (CONOPS), and advanced technology employment on survivability & mission effectiveness. The candidate is expected to participate with the team in modeling military systems and employment, executing constructive engagement, mission, and/or campaign analyses to quantify Measures-of-Effectiveness (MOEs), and presenting analytics to assist decision makers on program pursuits, system designs/architectures, and technology development.
The successful candidate must demonstrate effective communication skills as the position will require developing and maintaining key relationships; interfacing with program management, company senior leadership, Business Strategy and Development, and customers to ensure success of the team's analyses efforts and garner an understanding of customer expectations. The candidate will also be responsible for multi-disciplinary collaboration with other technical and support organizations. The ability to travel on occasion is required.
Applicant must be a US Citizen, as position is located at a facility that requires special access. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Active Top Secret clearance required with a current background investigation and ability to obtain SAR program clearances
A level 5 employee Typically has 14 - 20 years of professional experience.
What's In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's comprehensive benefits package here.
This position is in Palmdale, CA Discover Palmdale.
• Bachelor's degree or above from an accredited college
• Military Operations Analysis experience
• Knowledge of military systems (surface and airborne systems performance & operations)
• Project management experience
• B.S. or higher degree in engineering, math, or operations research preferred
• Mission and/or campaign analysis experience; to include modeling military systems performance and operations
• Proficient in applying discrete or Monte Carlo simulations of military operations (e.g. AFSIM, EADSIM, Suppressor, ESAMS, Brawler)
• Proficient in analytical methods (e.g. data analytics, design of experiments, optimization, statistical analysis)
• Customer engagement experience; including development & delivery of presentations
• Experience as Team lead responsible for technical/analytic products
• Domain knowledge of strike and ISR systems
• Military operator experience, Air Campaign planner or contingency ops planner
• Mission Commander, WIC ME/Integration or operational flight test experience
• Experience with JCIDS and military acquisitions processes
• Technical knowledge of radar or electronic warfare systems performance and operations
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top