Military Operations Analyst Advanced Programs
- Palmdale, CA
Description:Lockheed Martin is looking for world-class talent in Operations Analysis to join our historic Skunk Works team in Palmdale, CA. Collaborating with a team of analysts, the selected candidate will be responsible for modeling and analysis of military systems to quantify the impact of operational concepts, air vehicle design, payloads, and tactics. Analyses performed will support requirements definition, air combat effectiveness, system of system evaluation, and military utility assessment. Responsibilities will include researching and modeling military systems performance and operations; developing analytical methods and tools to facilitate analyses; executing trade studies; performing data analytics & statistical analysis; and developing effective presentations that succinctly communicate results and findings.
The team is seeking a candidate who can develop and use engineering-based techniques, analytical methods, and critical thinking to inform and improve decision-making and quantify value proposition for advanced concepts and technology applications. We need a candidate who is passionate about working on cutting-edge concepts; thinks strategically and creatively with proven analytical and problem-solving skills; and thrives in a high-performing team environment. The successful candidate must demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills as the position will require frequent interactions and collaboration with leadership, project leads, team members, and engineers in other disciplines. The ability to travel on occasion is required.
Applicant must be a US Citizen, as position is located at a facility that requires special access. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience; or no experience required with a related Masters degree. Considered experienced, but still a learner.
• Scripting/programming experience (MATLAB, Perl/Python, VBA)
• Secret clearance with a current background investigation and ability to obtain SAR program clearances
• Top Secret/SCI clearance
• Aerospace, mechanical, or electrical engineering degree
• Experience in military operations analysis or system
• Experience performing technical research, data mining
and data analytics
• Knowledge of surface and airborne military systems,
operations, and Integrated Air Defense Systems (IADS)
• Experience modeling and analyzing air vehicle, sensor, or weapon performance
• Experience applying discrete or Monte Carlo simulations
(AFSIM, EADSIM, ESAMS, Brawler)
• Familiarity with trade studies, design of experiments,
statistics or optimization methods
• Proficiency with C++/JAVA /XML; with experience in
software development or integration
• Experience working in Linux environment
• Good written and verbal communication skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top