Mechanical Engineer Staff / Subsystems / Advanced Programs
Description: The Lockheed Martin Skunk Works® is a national asset that not only holds a legendary history but also a promising future. Just as founder Clarence "Kelly" Johnson intended, we're not big on titles or protocol - we simply tackle the toughest technical challenges, making a real difference for our customers.
This position is for a Cockpit Design and Integration Engineer. The candidate will work with the Airframe and Pilot IPTs to design, analyze, and integrate the cockpit controls, equipment and ejection systems for a new aircraft. Support layout and integration of cockpit equipment, instruments, and secondary structure. Work with Safety and requirements group to install and certify for use the ejection systems. Work with other disciplines and stakeholders to determine/accommodate system interfaces.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Function as the prime technical contact for Cockpit Design Integration.
• Development, test, and validation of new and modified Cockpit systems.
• Creation and/or modification of Cockpit systems with 3-D CATIA models, assemblies and installations.
• Creation and or modification of system requirements, interface/supplier control drawings, performance specifications, system checkout procedures, statements of work, trade studies, and component/ground/flight test plans.
• Coordination with suppliers, internal and external integrated product teams, management and the customer.
• Technical engineering support for manufacturing, installation and testing at Lockheed Martin, external supplier facilities and the customer's operating locations.
• The candidate may function in a project leadership role where they manage system performance, budget and schedule.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access and a Secret clearance with Background Investigation date less than 5 years to start.
Desired Skills: • Experience with ejection seats
• Experience with canopy ejection systems
• Experience with avionics installation
• Experience with environmental control system (ECS) installation
• Experience in CATIA V5
• Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
• Experience with hand stress analysis for preliminary sizing
• Bachelor's degree with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a Master's degree.
• Bachelor's Degree or above degree in an Engineering Discipline.
• Experience with CATIA, Solidworks, Pro Engineer, Creo, Unigraphics, NX or equivalent 3-D Computer Aided Design (CAD) tool.
• Experience with Cockpit system design.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top