- Sunnyvale, CA
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world's hardest engineering problems. Do you want to join a team who encourages employees to envision the impossible, perform with perfection and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus-if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As the Mechanical Engineer you will:
• Design, fabrication, integration, test, and delivery of critical program hardware
• Lead team performing solid modeling using ProE/, and creation of engineering drawings to produce/procure/integrate hardware into higher level assemblies
• Provide daily tasking for team in order to meet program needs
• Develop and maintain product designs and specifications
• Provide support for in-house manufacturing, ATLO , procurement, outside suppliers, and parts engineering to determine applicable requirements
• Review requirements from various sources (stress, thermal, systems, manufacturing, etc.) to ensure that applicable requirements are flowed into detailed designs
• Work in a product development team setting on new designs as well as supporting existing and heritage applications.
• Work with in house manufacturing, ATLO, and outside suppliers to drive delivery of critical program hardware that meet requirements within applicable cost and schedule constraints
• Provide technical direction/oversight for mechanical design and systems interfaces for structures and promote standardized technical processes and best practices
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's comprehensive benefits package.
• Strong understanding of structures, mechanics and materials
• Demonstrated ability to organize, motivate, and lead groups of engineering personnel
• Mechanical hardware design, manufacture and integration experience
• Hands-on hardware experience
• Demonstrated ability to drive hardware production activities through delivery to the program
• CAD modeling and drafting experience
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes and documentation
• Demonstrated ability to work within multidisciplinary product development teams
• Experience working with suppliers
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Current DOD Top Secret or SSBI and Special Access clearance
• Flight hardware experience
• and CAD data management experience
• Data Set Rating 4 and 6 experience
• Familiarity with Lockheed Martin specifications/tools/procedures
• Control Account Management experience
• Subcontract management skills
• Knowledge of composite structure design and fabrication
• Experience with test methods, planning and execution
• Additive manufacturing experience
• Considered a technical leader in mechanical hardware design and integration
• Demonstrated experience in leading a multidisciplinary team towards major program goals
• Ability to work effectively with engineering functional/program management and other functional disciplines
• Demonstrated knowledge of other disciplines including production, ATLO, electronics, systems engineering, etc.
• Experience working with other LM operating units
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top