Mbr Engrg Staff/ Software Engineer
- Mount Laurel, NJ
Description:A candidate for this position will work in a dynamic and collaborative Agile environment supporting the full lifecycle of complex state-of-the-art systems that are deployed across the globe. From simulating the entire Aegis Combat System, developing tactical software for tactical Radar Control Programs, to developing applications to support data analysis and mission outcome.
The candidate will use modern tools and engineering practices to develop both new capabilities and support continuing improvement on deployed systems. They will use C++ to support real-time multi-threaded processing and Java for the human machine interface (HMI) applications. Python is used extensively for managing software build and data analysis.
The work exposes the candidate to high level customer requirements, engineering Monte Carlo analysis, software design, software implementation, test, delivery, and in service support.
A candidate for this position will have the opportunity to travel if desired. Engineers support onsite installation and mission critical exercises in Virginia, California (both San Diego and San Francisco), Washington, and Hawaii. We also support systems sold to international customers in Japan, Korea, Australia, Spain, Norway, and the Marshall Islands.
Our center fosters career development in both technical and leadership paths through the Lead Software Engineering Development Qualification Program and just in time technical training. There are opportunities for Scrum Masters and Product Owners leadership roles, and new candidates are indoctrinated through early career development program within the broader SW COE.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electrical and Computer Engineering is required for this position.
- The ability to work in an accelerated team environment with proven proficiency in full lifecycle software development with a minimum of six (6) years of professional experience.
-The candidate must have a strong understanding of functional modeling, C++ programming, Linux, software engineering processes, and software product life cycle.
- Occasional travel is required.
- Candidate must be able to obtain & maintain a secret security clearance
- Master's degree in Computer Science or Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- Experience with Java and Python
- Experience with Network Topology Configuration, Automated Test tools and Techniques, Modeling Tools, Static Code Analysis tools desired.
- Experence with Enterprise Architect, Rhapsody, and/or Umlet
- Familiarity with Agile Methodologies and tools such as the Atlassian tool suite is a plus
. The candidate must have excellent organizational skills, interpersonal skills and be able to communicate at both programmatic and technical levels with subordinates, peers, senior management levels and the customer
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top