Materials Engineering Intern
Description:Employee will support materials and process engineering and other technical aspects of Advanced Development Program (ADP) activities. Candidate must adapt quickly to new situations, be flexible in their approach to problems, and willing to apply new ideas. Attitude and technical ability are keys to this position. The successful candidate will assist in the development of cutting-edge materials for advanced military aircraft application and define mechanical and environmental test plans for material systems. Candidate will work under the supervision of senior engineers in the selection of materials, optimization of process parameters, and mechanical/environmental testing for these new material samples.
Must be a US Citizen; this position requires a government security clearance. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
• Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate engineering program in chemical engineering, materials engineering or equivalent from an accredited college.
• Experience with hand assembly of test coupons and various laboratory-scale mechanical, physical and chemical test methods and equipment.
• Proficiency with MS Office products (Excel, PowerPoint)
• Strong communication skills
• Experience in testing materials
Back to top