Material & Process Engineer Associate
Description:In this position, you will investigate materials and/or processes as requested by customer, document findings in Process Control Investigation Reports (PCIRs). Photograph and archive equipment and/or assembly parts for investigations requested by customer. Read and understand assembly blueprints and electrical schematics. Perform electrical conductivity/resistivity analysis and voltage drop analysis. Evaluate salt fog testing of metals, coatings, electrical components, and composites. Prepare test samples using flat/mold presses, ovens, grinders, band saw, mixers, and polishing wheels. Deliver and track laboratory equipment during periodic calibration evolutions. Participant and/or co-lead in Structured Improvement Activity (SIA) teams for continuous improvement events. Perform instrumental analysis utilizing HPLC, FTIR, IC, and GC. Perform classical wet chemical analysis of chemical processing tanks.
Perform analysis of operating supplies to include: hand creams, coolants, solvent wipes, and cheesecloth. Data management using TALON testing database. Perform analysis of aircraft fuels. Perform spectrographic analysis of wear metals in engine oils. Perform dimensional measurements using molding compound and optical comparators. Perform analysis of hydraulic oils. Operation of hardness and conductivity equipment for metallic material analysis. Operation of microscopes, metallographic and photographic equipment. Use of sectioning, mounting and polishing equipment for metallographic evaluation. Perform physical and analytical testing of fiber glass, composite material, two part adhesives, film adhesives and sealants. Perform testing of organic coatings and metallic alloys for corrosion and paint adhesion.
Author and maintain Process Standard documents. Provide technical support and problem resolution for manufacturing floor processes. Perform engineering specification and documentation technical reviews. Perform determination of physical and chemical properties of materials to include: release agents, lubricant grease, oils, fuels, organic solvent cleaners, primers, paints, adhesives, sealants, and organic coatings. Evaluate crimpers, strippers, dies, contacts, connectors, cable/wire, harnesses, fasteners, insulation and shrink tubing, and other electrical component parts used in A/C production assembly. Perform printability and performance evaluation of inks, ribbons, thermal and laser print, and printing equipment on tapes, decals, tags, labels, A/C parts and assemblies. Provide support of Receiving Inspection and perform raw material acceptance testing. Provide technical support and problem resolution of supplier materials, parts and processes.
Must be a US Citizen; this position may require a government security clearance. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in Biology, Chemistry, Materials Science Engineering, or Chemical Engineering or related Engineering/Technical field.
- Experience or training in performing instrumental analysis utilizing lab equipment.
- Experience in or knowledge of analysis of hydrocarbon-based fuels. Experience in or knowledge of spectrographic analysis.
- Experience or training in performing instrumental analysis utilizing lab equipment such as High Pressure Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Fourier Transformed Infra-red (FTIR), or Gas Chromatography(GC), and classical wet chemical analysis of chemical processing solutions.
- Experience using SEM/EDAX instrument. Experience in spectrographic analysis.
- Ability to author and edit technical documentation from engineering specifications and drawings.
- Ability to perform determination of physical and chemical properties of materials such as: release agents, lubricant grease, oils, fuels, organic solvent cleaners, primers, paints, adhesives, sealants, organic coatings and/ or metallic materials.
Back to top