Description:At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Lockheed Martin Space is looking for an entry level Planner to support Operations Planning. If you are an enthusiastic, self-starter eager to learn in a fast-paced environment, come join our team and help us achieve mission success on this critical national defense program. As an Operations Planning team member, you will need to be someone who thrives in a dynamic environment, leads by example, and has the ability to influence and foster collaboration and teamwork that generate impactful results. You will be part of a team to plan and manage hardware delivery commitments from design, assembly, integration, test, and launch operations.
Key Duties include:
• You will drive, track and manage all work in process for a given product group to ensure on-time delivery of shop commitments
• You will work hand in hand with the Manufacturing and Test Supervision to ensure all jobs are being worked in the correct priority and to resolve any issues impacting work progress
• You will focus on driving resolution of all hardware on hold or at a stop with the appropriate supporting organizations (MRP, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Engineering, Design Engineering and Program)
• Demonstrate a clear understanding of work in process and be able to clearly and effectively communicate status, issues and path forward plans to multiple levels of the organization (Shop Leadership, MFG Director, MFG VP)
• You will perform look ahead analysis to proactively manage potential upcoming conflicts and obstacles in order to minimize any impact to hardware delivery
• Identify process improvements that will prove to reduce production cost and improve schedule performance
• You will need to have the flexibility to support off-shift and weekend work schedules on a rotational basis
• You will have the opportunity to learn the technical aspects of the hardware we build as well as gain a solid understanding of both manufacturing and test process flows. This experience and knowledge will help you continue to build and develop your career foundation and has the potential to open the door into a production operations leadership role in the future
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Bachelors or Masters degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain Management, Project Management, Industrial Engineering or other related discipline from an accredited college/university.
This position requires special access to support the program and requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen.
Basic knowledge of planning principles or understanding of manufacturing processes.
-Familiarity with Microsoft Project, Primavera 6 or other scheduling tools.
-Familiarity with SAP or other ERP/MES (Enterprise Resource Planning / Manufacturing Execution Systems)
-Knowledge or experience in one of these fields: Project Management, Operations Management, Manufacturing, Business Management, Finance, Supply Chain
Back to top