Manufacturing Engineer Stf
Description: Position directly supports a variety of automated manufacturing processes and equipment for CCA and wire harness commodity operations.
Responsibilities include design of manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, and material handling. Designs arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout. Designs sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance. Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions. May incorporate inspection and test requirements into the production plan. Inspects performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality. Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control, and may develop those techniques. Provides guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques. Ensures processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations. Core responsibilities also include investigation, planning, and implementation of new automated manufacturing equipment.
Desired Skills: - Six Sigma Black Belt Certification or equivalent
- Leadership and project management experience
- Experience with new product introduction, capacity planning, DFM reviews, and failure analysis techniques
- Automated CCA manufacturing experience
- Strong comprehension of common industry specifications
- Experience with capital equipment proposal and acquisition activities
- Comprehensive knowledge of ESD handling procedures and best practices
- Ability to lead and coordinate multifunctional technical projects
- Experience with DOE practices for variability reduction efforts
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline
- Minimum of 10 years experience in related engineering discipline
- Automated manufacturing process and equipment experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, MS Project)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of lean manufacturing concepts and techniques
- Experience with Pro-E or equivalent CAD software, tool design, electronic packaging design, and MRS concepts
This position is located in a facility that requires special access and requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen. This position may require alternate work shifts.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top