Manufacturing Engineer Staff / Energy Storage / Cambridge, MA / Andover, MA
Description: Lockheed Martin is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for a position in Cambridge, MA for the Energy Storage Program area. This position will support the Chemistry Coordination Flow Battery (CCFB) which is a development program transitioning to Production. Engineering is located in Cambridge, MA and a small engineering / support group team is located in Dallas, TX. Production site is located in Andover, MA and supplier locations are domestic and International at this time.
In 2018, this candidate will mostly work be based out of Cambridge MA, but in the 2nd quarter of 2019 there is a reasonable belief that Andover, MA will be the typical work location for this candidate
This particular Manufacturing Engineering Position is to support the transition of the development production work to a new LM facility as the primary task with some support toward supplier development. These tasks include identifying all appropriate tooling, test equipment, and capital needed to manufacture product at rate. Establish plans to retrofit/modify the facility by working with outside suppliers and LM contractors. Evaluate and decide appropriate mfg plan/approach. Work with suppliers to develop robotic/automation for fabrication of the Battery Stack. Be able to identify and lead tasks from an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) to ensure that the new facility can support the production needs.
This role will require travel to production sites and suppliers as the transition from development to Production matures. These trips are typically 2-5 days in duration, but could require extended stays.
Desired Skills: • Perform Manufacturing Engineer tasks such as writing planning, evaluating suppliers, evaluating engineering designs, etc
• Perform Quality Assurance tasks such as developing a quality plan, ensuring proper parts handling, assisting with Quality Metrics, etc
• Prepare and execute to rate tooling and test equipment plans
• Provide / develop inputs to the program IMS and lead tasks production operations tasks
• Develop estimates for various business needs
• Ensure Make/Buy decisions are appropriately being made and approved
• Help establish priorities for production during development production (includes suppliers)
• Evaluate and understand impacts to production from engineering changes
• Work with Suppliers and LM Manufacturing sites (Development through full rate production)
Bachelors degree and experience in the following...
• A background knowledge of Manufacturing Engineering and Quality Engineering
• A broad base of knowledge regarding electronic, electromechanical, and mechanical production
• Appropriate political acumen to successfully present compelling cases to a variety of customers (Program Office, Senior Management, and Engineering)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated skills in team building and leading through influence as the position has no direct reports
• Must have work experience that includes a demonstrated capability of acting in the capacity as project lead
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin's Employees
Whitley’s job is all about integrating data sets that will efficiently and effectively move projects through visualization and development stages to final deployment.
Back to top