Manufacturing Engineer Associate / Process Engineering - Orlando, FL
Description:Lockheed Martin is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer Associate for a position in Orlando, FL. Duties include:
Utilize drafting and software programs to develop Manufacturing Process Plans, design tooling, support equipment, process flows.
Provide technical guidance and support to manufacturing operators to facilitate assembly performance.
Apply lean manufacturing techniques to reduce cost and increase yields.
Investigate root cause of failures/defects and implement corrective action to support continuous improvement.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Physics or related discipline from an accredited college
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Candidate should have a good understanding and demonstrated application of technical and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of LEAN - Six Sigma.
- CREO/ProE experience with a focus on tooling, taking a concept through to final design and fabrication.
- Experience with manufacturing processes (electronic, mechanical, optical assemblies), GD&T, precision machining, assembly sequences.
- SAP experience
- Able to identify and implement process plan changes to preliminary and existing work instructions (MPPs).
- Experienced with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Access, Word, Excel)
- Experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with optics manufacturing processes; to include installation, alignment, and interferometric evaluation.
- Familiarity with optics design principles.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment coupled with good communication skills
Back to top