Manufacturing Engineer Associate
Description:This position will work in a team environment in support of the C-130J production line in Marietta, GA. Manufacturing engineers have responsibility for a wide variety of tasks with the goal of improving the safety, schedule, cost, and quality of production.
A manufacturing engineer:
• Designs manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling.
• Designs arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout.
• Designs sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance.
• Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions.
• Incorporates inspection and test requirements into the production plan.
• Inspects performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality.
• Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control and may develop those techniques.
• Provides guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
• Ensures processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations.
Must be a US Citizen; this position does not require a government security clearance.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant engineering discipline (e.g. Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, Industrial) or equivalent experience
• Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Word, Excel, and Power Point)
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Familiarity with Lean / Six Sigma manufacturing principles
• Familiarity with Project Management and/or Change Management
Back to top