This is a Blue Sky requisition contingent upon final confirmation of award and scope for LRSO, SBIRS and GPSIII programs.
This position is for a entry level Manufacturing Engineer whose primary responsibility will include shop floor support, maintaining manufacturing plans, tooling requirements, engineering change implementation and coordinating change in the build process within a electrical/mechanical ground support, launcher, test bed and missile manufacturing facility. Designs manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling. Designs arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout. Designs sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance. Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions. May incorporate inspection and test requirements into the production plan. Inspects performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality. Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control, and may develop those techniques. Provides guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques. Ensures processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations. Work under very general supervision to contribute to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects where failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause delays in program schedules and may result in the allocation of additional resources. Infrequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters. Provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
• Possess the willingness and ability to work extended hours and weekends when required to support production demand.
• Possess or have the ability to be trained and certified in accordance with LM SSC training requirement to perform all duties related to assigned tasks.
• Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical engineering drawings and specs
• Familiarity with Lockheed Martin Space Systems processes (Manufacturing Work Instructions, Routings, Production Orders, Bill of Materials, Qnotes, FFMEAs, FOE/FOD, CIPS, Specs LMS1000 and EMS200, etc.) or industry equivalent (I.e. NASA-STD-8739, MIL-STD-1686)
• Familiarity with Lockheed Martin Space Systems system tools (SAP, EPDM, VECAMS, PMP Database, etc.) or industry equivalent
• Aerospace or defense systems electrical and mechanical assembly experience or experience in a similar hardware type processing facility.
• Basic tooling, fixture and equipment design experience
• Basic knowledge of Additive Manufacturing CAD/CAM and 3D Printing
• Lean Manufacturing and/or Lean Six Sigma experience
• Possess or have the ability to be approved for a SECRET security clearance
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Courtland Alabama
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin's Employees
Whitley’s job is all about integrating data sets that will efficiently and effectively move projects through visualization and development stages to final deployment.
Back to top