Machinery Plant Control & Monitoring System (MPCMS) & Hull, Mechanical
- Jacksonville, FL
Description:This MPCMS and Control Systems Technician position is in Jacksonville, Florida and supports Post-Delivery Maintenance Availabilities, Tests & Trials, and Emergent Troubleshooting & Repairs. This position is responsible for understanding the technical details, resource constraints, and schedule impacts for assigned ship repair items. They will be expected to perform the following tasks:
1. Perform testing, troubleshooting, and repair of LCS MPCMS and associated HM&E control systems and related equipment and be able to effect minor repairs with little or no assistance.
2. Provide on-ship verification and troubleshooting of technical issues, planned maintenance, and systems operations.
3. Planning, coordination, and conduct of all post-delivery test events for ship MPCMS Control Systems, including:
a. Major test periods (Final Contract Trials, etc.)
b. Major test events (CSSQT, etc.)
c. Ship Availabilities (PSA, FOA)
d. Post-Availability Test (CSLO, LOA, Post Repair Trials)
e. DT/OT, IOT&E Tests
4. Coordination of ship casualties/deficiencies and repairs with appropriate LM (Sustainment, Engineering ITPs, etc.) and Navy (shore support and crew) organizations
5. Assist other technicians with troubleshooting and repairs.
6. Independently review equipment modification and repair designs.
7. Assist in the monitoring of MPCMS / HM&E Controls equipment.
8. Travel is 20-30%
1. Navy ship engineering and systems familiarity.
2. Ability to read and comprehend electrical and mechanical drawings.
3. Effective knowledge of systems implementation and integration, with a working knowledge of ship automation systems and/or ship propulsion control/monitoring
4. Prior experience with associated test equipment to include radio frequency (RF) generators, multimeters, oscilloscopes, and spectrum analyzers.
5. Ability to build effective relationships with Ship's Crew and Navy customers.
6. Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
7. Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills.
8. Ability to obtain and maintain a US government security clearance
1. Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot in a shipyard environment.
2. Prior experience managing preventative maintenance. (US Navy PMS a bonus)
3. Technical skills to make minor repairs.
4. US military electronics troubleshooting and repair training.
5. Prior experience troubleshooting and repairing electronics to the subcomponent level.
6. Experience with soldering, fabricating wiring harnesses, and custom cables a plus.
7. Knowledge of system testing, including instrumentation, procedures, troubleshooting, repair, and restoration, particularly as related to ship Combat Management systems.
8. Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot in a shipyard environment.
9. US Navy NEC / background as an Electrician's Mate, Gas Turbine Systems Technician (Electrical) is a plus.
10. Prior experience monitoring ship HM&E equipment such as propulsion plant, electric plant, damage control or safety equipment systems.
11. Prior experience with associated test equipment to include radio frequency (RF) generators, multimeters, oscilloscopes, and spectrum analyzers
12. Knowledge of LCS Program, the ship, and its systems.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top