LRDR Systems Administration and Network Support
- Fairbanks, AK
Description:Performs a variety of maintenance and technical support activities to the LRDR Radar System located at the USAF station in Clear, Alaska. The selected candidate will perform a variety of electronic and technical assignments on data communications equipment and systems under general supervision including;
1. Using past hands-on network engineering experience and knowledge of network architecture design, development, and testing methodologies to deploy maintain, integrate, and test the network and computing infrastructure including switches, routers, firewalls, and servers.
2. Completing terminal troubleshooting using appropriate diagnostic equipment.
3. Installing terminals, controllers, and test equipment and restoring nonworking lines and/or equipment to working condition.
4. Supporting validation of technical work packages to be added or updated in the technical manuals.
5. Performing data recording and data management
6. Supporting LOGREP by recording maintenance activities and assisting with yearly audits of LRDR parts management as well as other GFE to include tools (as clarified by U.S. Air Force specification and training)
7. Working with other engineers, customers, and vendors in configuring, integrating, modifying, upgrading, troubleshooting, ordering and supporting configuration management of all network systems, OS, drivers, and applications software.
8. Supporting the troubleshooting and debugging of network using network test equipment and tools (i.e. wireshark, network analyzer).
9. Independently configuring and troubleshooting basic LAN connectivity and peripheral devices.
10. Installing, configuring, integrating, managing, debugging, and maintaining Linux workstation and server software and hardware environments.
11. Performing system and network administration tasks including managing user accounts, data backup, networking, security, disk management, software license management, etc.
12. Independently configuring and troubleshooting NAS/SAN environments.
13. Using an understanding of standard DOD security practices such as, STIG/RMF compliance and system accreditation implementation efforts to oversee the network and server security compliance, auditing, and remediation. Troubleshooting outages in a STIG compliant environment that may occur while deploying patches and updates. Using the ACAS scanner and STIGs to provide reports and plans for remediation as necessary.
14. Developing documentation for specific installations and configurations necessary to support operations and ongoing support activities.
15. Maintaining the DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 Certification (e.g. Security + or equivalent) to perform privileged user tasks.
Additional duties and responsibilities include:
• Assisting in arranging for services of outside vendors
• Supporting all trades in their related job duties
• Responding to emergency maintenance requests as required
• Performing a variety of work in the maintenance and repair of site equipment as needed, including peripheral/associated facility systems.
Applicants should be in general good health and able to perform due diligence as required. Applicant must be capable of working within a small group of highly motivated and trained professionals who provide facilities, radar, mechanical, electrical, IT and electronics support 24/7. The team environment is critical for mission support.
This position is contingent upon contract award
1. Network and computing infrastructure experience including switches, routers, firewalls, and servers.
2. Current DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 Certification
3. Knowledge of Basic Linux command line operations
4. Experience with configuring, integrating, modifying, upgrading, troubleshooting, ordering, and supporting configuration management of network systems, OS, drivers, and applications software
5. Willing to relocate to Clear, AK
6. Ability to obtain an Interim Secret DoD security clearance prior to starting this position. Obtaining a Security Clearance requires US citizenship.
1. STIG/RMF compliance and system accreditation implementation
2. Radar, Sensor, or Optics Maintenance and/or Operator background.
3. Experience with preventative and corrective maintenance on military radar systems and subsystems.
4. Experience with site level facility maintenance activities, electronic controls, and electrical hardware a plus.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top