Linux Systems Administrator SR
- King of Prussia, PA
Description:There are people who say some ideas are impossible, unattainable, or unrealistic. Then there are those of us who work at Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems. As a part of the Lockheed Martin community, we take on the biggest, baddest challenges in the world and find solutions using creativity and collaboration.
AND WHERE THE SOLUTIONS DON'T EXIST? WE INVENT THEM.
So, if you're looking for the challenge of a lifetime and a team of the brightest minds in the world, Rotary and Mission Systems is the place for you. If you're looking for a place where learning is a way of life, Rotary and Mission Systems is the place for you. And if you're looking for a career that's just as fun as it is hard work, well...you know.
Join us today and let's make a difference together.
Lockheed Martin. Your Mission is Ours.
ABOUT OUR MISSION (https://www.lockheedmartin.com/en-us/who-we-are/business-areas/rotary-and-mission-systems.html)
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE LOOK LIKE?
This position is for a Systems Administrator to support the Advanced Programs projects on Linux based systems. The candidate will work in an agile scrum environment providing support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of various Information Technology (IT) systems. Runs IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices. Patches and hardens Linux RedHat OS and works with Security personnel to protect against Cyber Threats.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL, YOU WILL NEED TO:
Extensive familiarity with various flavors of LINUX including Red Hat.
- Capable of installing LINUX/UNIX open-source operating systems.
- Deep expertise in all areas of risk assessment, patching and hardening of systems.
- Solid overall understanding of LINUX operating systems.
- Be able to provide in depth monitoring for virtual servers capable of identifying and fixing issues utilizing various troubleshooting procedures.
- Proficient in developing standardized escalation and incident response procedures designed to streamline processes and address critical issues in a timely manner.
- Proven understanding of automation and a background in writing and maintaining complex scripts with at least one of the following: Python, Shell or Perl.
- Understanding of how to utilize the latest software tools and networking technology to achieve the levels of systems performance.
- Understanding of Cyber Security with the ability to craft solutions to increase security and streamline existing processes.
Applicants MUST currently possess an active DOD Top Secret Clearance or have at least had an investigation within the past 2 years relating to a Top Secret Clearance to be considered for this role. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT:
We may not know what's going to change the world next, but chances are we're already working on it, and you can, too. As part of our culture of innovation, you'll have outstanding benefits and amenities, an inclusive work environment, ongoing career development and support, rewards and recognition to honor your hard work, and more.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE BENEFITS YOU CAN ENJOY:
- Medical (some LM locations have on-site medical)
- 401k (with generous matching)
- Paid time off including, (we have a 4x10 schedule which means: 52 three-day weekends!)
- Work/life balance, family-friendly environment
- Career development, career-growth, and lots of learning opportunities for aspiring minds
- Knowledgeable, supportive, and engaged leadership
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
- Generous Tuition Reimbursement
Whether you're new to the area or just like being socially involved, we encourage everyone to explore among our many employee networks and employee resource groups we have on-site. Whatever your interests
- Technical Bachelors degree in a related subject area from an accredited University.
- Experience with Linux system administration
- Experience in software practices and configuration management
- Scripting experience
- RedHat OS patching/hardening experience
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work optimally in a rapid paced, team setting
- Agile development experience
- Experience using C/C++ or another object oriented development language
- Security+ Cert
- Linux Certifications
- Any experience with cloud migrations working with the latest CI/CD tools and technology would be a plus.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top