Linux Systems Administrator SR
- King of Prussia, PA
Description:This position is for a Systems Administrator to support the Advanced Programs projects on Linux based systems. The candidate will work in an agile scrum environment providing support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of various Information Technology (IT) systems. Manages IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices. Patches and hardens Linux RedHat OS and works with Security personnel to protect against Cyber Threats.
• Extensive familiarity with various flavors of LINUX including Red Hat.
• Understanding of how to install LINUX/UNIX open-source operating systems.
• Deep expertise in all areas of risk assessment, patching and hardening of systems.
• Strong understanding of how LINUX OS works with the ability to automate standardized steps to perform scripts and complete instruction lists.
• Be able to provide in depth monitoring and troubleshooting for virtual servers with the ability to identify and rectify issues using troubleshooting procedures.
• Versed in developing standardized escalation and incident response procedures designed to streamline processes and address critical issues in a timely manner.
• Strong understanding of automation and a background in writing and maintaining complex scripts with at least one of the following: Python, Shell or Perl.
• Understanding of how to utilize the latest software tools and networking technology to achieve the levels of systems performance.
• Understanding of Cyber Security with the ability to craft solutions to increase security and streamline existing processes.
Applicants MUST currently possess an active DOD Top Secret Clearance or have at least had an investigation within the past 2 years relating to a Top Secret Clearance to be considered for this role. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
-Technical Bachelors degree in a related discipline from an accredited University.
- Experience with Linux system administration
- Experience in software practices and configuration management
- Scripting experience
- RedHat OS patching/hardening experience
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a rapid paced, team environment
- Agile development experience
- Experience using C/C++ or another object oriented development language
- Security+ Cert
- Linux Certifications
-Any experience with cloud migrations working with the latest CI/CD tools and technology would be a plus.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top