Lead System Engineer
Description: This position is for an Lead System Engineer Simulation Position. The selected candidate needs to have experience multiple F16 platforms, solid understanding of Simulation flight systems or autonomous logistics systems, in depth experience with hardware/software integration (HSI), Along with integrating contractor platforms.
The selected candidate also needs to have a solid understanding of the System Engineering lifecycle, which will enable a successful plan forward for the system design, system implementation, integration, test, and documentation for the integrated system architecture.
This System Engineer should have experience on a large scale ($30M+) development program. Strong domain expertise within the F-16 aircraft platform (e.g. weapon systems, avionics, flight modeling, etc.).
The lead will must ensure that the requirements for the baseline are met and the system is sold-off, along with being able to sponsor and address process improvements, process streamlining and automation.
Candidate must possess a strong technical F16 Simulation background with engineering experience spanning multiple phases of the product life cycle and familiarity with all Engineering and Technology functional organizations and associated business processes.
Candidate must demonstrate experience/ability to interface with the customer and subcontractors to address a range of activities including requirements flow-down, product sell-off, coordination of field support, subcontractor support, and technical problem investigation related to both SW and HW applications/products.
Candidate must have experience in Control Account Management (CAM), and Schedule development/management, as well as experience leading medium sized engineering teams.
Candidate must be qualified for the following:
• Responsible for overall engineering cost, schedule, and technical program performance for one or several development or upgrade Programs,
• Works closely with FLM's and Department Managers to ensure accountability and staffing,
• Ensures disciplined program execution including: Conduct of technical reviews, Earned Value Management and development of all necessary engineering artifacts,
• Responsible for the identification and closure of technical issues,
• Provides timely and accurate projections of engineering resource requirements (people, tools, processes, etc.),
• Ensures Technical Performance Measurements (TPM) are established and tracked by all IPT`s.
• Works with Program Management to ensure Organizational Standard processes are tailored, approved and followed,
• Drives execution efficiencies into our engineering development processes to improve our overall competitiveness,
• Develop a comprehensive functional excellence plan for the Systems Organization covering standards, product architecture, requirements management, and the process for design inputs,
• Drive platform and subsystem leverage across the entire product portfolio to achieve efficiency and effective implementation,
• Ensure clear, cohesive and robust architectural design and requirements specifications for all products (leads, catheters, pumps, stimulators, programmers and accessories) in the portfolio.
The Lead will be responsible for ensuring that organizational standard processes are adapted, approved and followed, and leverage proven processes, lessons learned and best practices from other parts of the business or industry.
This lead has to foster a culture of pro-activeness and embody the vision of leader. The candidate will also need to be adaptable, a forward thinker and problem solver, and has the desire and ability to drive teams.
Desired Skills: Experience with flight/simulator systems or autonomous logistics systems,
Earned Value Management System (EVMS) Experience,
Metrics Experience (Velocity, Product Progress, Product Quality, TPMs),
Experience in developing technical volumes and BOES,
Experience in Cost Account Manager (CAM),
Experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Experience
The successful candidate possesses strong communication, teaming, analytical, and thinking skills along with results oriented and customer focus.
Accredited B.S.in Engineering,
Candidate must demonstrate an understanding of F16 Simulation architectures, subsystem designs, requirements flow-down / trade-off approaches.
Candidates needs a strong ability to analyze and understand difficult F16 Simulation technical problems and capability to lead a group of engineers through evaluation, results compilation, conclusion development, and path-forward / recovery-plan option development.
Candidate must have overall 12+ years of Engineering experience and F16 Simulation experience,
Strong understanding of F16 Simulation System Design and Requirements development,
Experience leading F16 Simulations, Hardware Software Integration (HSI) and Integration and Test teams,
F16 Domain & customer experience with a F16 platforms, weapons system, avionics system, or simulation training system,
Experience leading the F16 Simulation development of material for Critical
Design Reviews, (CDR) Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR), F16 Architectures.
Experience leading and working with multiple subcontractors and suppliers,
Experience leading working in a multi-disciplinary environment,
Experience in program planning, cost, schedule, performance and subcontract management
Strong Systems Engineering Lifecycle knowledge, must be process oriented and highly experienced in maturing a total system solution throughout the entire system lifecycle
Strong Team Leadership,
Willing to travel when required.
Must have the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin's Employees
Whitley’s job is all about integrating data sets that will efficiently and effectively move projects through visualization and development stages to final deployment.
Back to top