Lead Radar Systems Engineer
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
The Lead Radar Systems Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Lead and conduct requirements analysis and architecture definition for digital solid-state radars. Evaluate total system performance.
- Develop system models and system performance simulations to support system design trade studies and system specifications.
- Represent the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects.
- Interact with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Apply and/or develop advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts.
- Guide the successful completion of major programs.
- May be assigned to a project leadership role.
- Act independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of operational programs.
- Contribute to the planning of research and development programs and recommend technological application programs to accomplish long-range objectives.
- Occasional travel is required.
Desired Skills: Demonstrated team leadership and interpersonal skills with colleagues and leaders at all levels. Proficiency with system modeling tools including Matlab, Rhapsody, and DOORS and C/C++ or Java programming languages. Experience working and leading teams in an Agile team environment.. Excellent communication, collaboration, and team skills are required. Strong analytical, applied mathematics and problem solving skills are required.
Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Physics or equivalent. Experience in radar systems engineering is required. Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment in one or more of the following areas: analysis, architecture, requirements development, design, modeling and simulation, or integration and test. Ability to obtain a Secret Level security clearance is required. Obtaining a security clearance requires US citizenship.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top