Lead Radar Systems Engineer
- Moorestown, NJ
Description:There are people who say some ideas are impossible, unattainable or unrealistic. Then there are those of us who work at Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems. As a part of the Lockheed Martin community, we take on the biggest, baddest challenges in the world and find solutions using creativity and collaboration.
And where the solutions don't exist? We invent them.
So, if you're looking for the challenge of a lifetime and a team of the brightest minds in the world, Rotary and Mission Systems is the place for you. If you're looking for a place where learning is a way of life, Rotary and Mission Systems is the place for you. And if you're looking for a career that's just as fun as it is hard work, well...you know.
Join us today and let's make a difference together.
Lockheed Martin. Your Mission is Ours.
Why Lockheed Martin:
At Lockheed Martin we value your unique skills and expertise, and we aim to give back continuously by offering a wide variety of benefits and amenities to help our employees live flexible, healthy, and fulfilling lives at and outside of work. Some of our favorite perks include:
• The promotion of Work Life Balance with every Friday off (Flex 4/10 Schedule) or every other Friday off (Flex 9/80) or a straight 5/8 schedule.
• A competitive 401k match and bonus
• Comprehensive Benefits including Medical/Dental/Life Insurance
• Long term stability
• A receptive and inclusive culture passionate about career development with tuition assistance and mentoring opportunities
The Challenge: Serve as a Lead Radar Systems Engineer for a program in our Integrated Warfare Systems & Sensors (IWSS) Line of Business (LOB).
Apply advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts to develop ground-breaking systems solutions.
Perform functional analysis, design trade studies, requirements allocation, and interface definition to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Develop models and detailed simulations to assess system performance.
Support integration and test, evaluate test results, investigate discrepancies, provide technical assessment of anomalies, and drive issues to resolution.
Conduct system verification and support certification activities.
Represent the organization on contracts and interface with internal and external customers, program and senior leadership, and multidisciplinary engineering teams on significant technical matters.
Lead business growth by successful technical execution, innovation and customer engagement.
Support proposal capture activities and develop responses to RFIs and RFPs.
Represent the organization as the prime technical interface on contracts and projects.
With qualifications and expertise in the following, you will thrive:
- Master's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Physics or equivalent combined with 12+ years of related experience.
- Experience developing and leading multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
- Significant experience designing systems, modeling/simulating performance, and translating key requirements into hardware and software specifications or design targets.
- Proven ability to integrate multiple subsystem components to form a system solution.
- Experience presenting to customers and senior management.
- U.S. Citizen with ability to obtain a DoD Secret level clearance.
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Physics or equivalent.
- Radar systems development experience including algorithms, software, data analysis, and modeling and simulation.
- Hands-on experience with antenna testing including near-field and far-field measurement techniques.
- Technical leadership experience with IRAD or program execution.
- Demonstrated analytical, applied mathematics and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Active DoD Secret level clearance or higher.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top