Lead Member of Eng Staff - Radar System Engineer
- Mount Laurel, NJ
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
The Lead Member of the Engineering Staff will be responsible as the Radar Subject Matter Expert acting as the Combat System liaison between Radar Systems and the Aegis Display System (ADS) within the Human Systems Engineering department. ADS is the display component of the Aegis Weapon System (AWS). The AWS serves as the premier self-defense system for the U.S. and allied Navies integrating state-of-the-art radar and missile systems. It is a complex integrated system capable of simultaneous warfare on several fronts -- air, surface, subsurface, ballistic-missile-defense, and strike. ADS fuses a variety of sensor and weapon data into a tactical situation that sailors can use to take quick and effective action.
The Human Systems Engineering department is seeking a candidate with extensive domain expertise in legacy radar systems as well as solid state radar systems. The candidate will lead a team of engineers in the design, development, and verification of sensor specific displays and interfaces to the sailor / operator. The successful candidate will have strong analytic skills, communication skills, work well in a dynamic multi-disciplinary environment, keep the mission and sailor in mind with a focus on high product quality.
The candidate will represent the organization as a technical contact on contracts and projects. Design and develop architectures that can be leveraged across multiple programs and opportunities. Interact with senior internal and external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations. Develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity. Apply advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts to guide the successful completion of major programs in the sensor domain. Ability to mentor junior engineers in design, development and verification concepts providing a pipeline by way of knowledge transfer. Ability to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of operational programs. Contribute to the planning of research and development programs and recommend technological application programs to accomplish long-range objectives. The candidate will also support proposal capture activities and develop responses to RFIs and RFPs.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Physics, or equivalent.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years engineering experience.
- Experience in radar systems engineering and architecture is required.
- Functional knowledge of Radar or Electronic Warfare systems, subsystems and components.
- Proven ability to lead and conduct requirements analysis and architecture definition for digital solid-state radars.
- Strong analytical, applied mathematics and problem solving skills.
- Ability to attain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance (requires US citizenship).
- Experience in requirements analysis, architecture definition, system performance evaluation, system model and system performance simulation development, trade study design and execution.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Experience presenting to customers and senior management
- Proficiency with system modeling tools including , Rhapsody, and and C/ or programming languages
- Experience working in an Agile team environment.
- Knowledge and support NCMDS programs.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top