Lead Mechanical Engineer
- Moorestown, NJ
Description:Perform structural, shock, vibration, non-linear and composite material analysis for multiple Launcher and Weapon programs across various platforms in the Integrated Warfare Systems & Sensors business. Responsible for stress analysis, sizing, and strength/stiffness assessments utilizing finite element analysis (FEA) and other means. Tasks include, but not be limited to, the following: 1.) Perform finite element and classical stress analysis of various components and assemblies across multiple naval and other platforms; 2.) Perform preliminary and final analyses, part sizing, fatigue/fracture assessment, drawing coordination and sign-off, test support and correlation, analysis presentations, and documentation of analyses for deliverable stress and fracture reports; 3.) Perform analysis of discrepant hardware, components, or assemblies during on-going assembly and integration activities; and 4) Specify test concepts, instrumentation and data acquisition and write plans and reports. Candidate must have good communication skills to be able to interface effectively with multiple engineering disciplines.
- Skills in Engineering (i.e., Mechanical, Civil, Systems Engineering, Project Engineering,). Coursework in Math and Physics or other physical sciences.
- Working experience with NASTRAN and/or ANSYS Static and Dynamic solutions
• An advanced degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering or closely related technical field is desired for this position
• Strong stress analysis principles, classical stress analysis techniques, and familiarity with fatigue and fracture analysis
• DOD and/or US Navy Development Experience
• Launcher and Weapon System Experience
• Command and Control Experience
• Agile Development
Strong stress analysis principles, classical stress analysis techniques, and familiarity with fatigue and fracture analysis
• Strong verbal & written communications skills
• Familiarity with composites and analysis of composite materials
• Testing experience including creating test concepts, selecting sensors, specifying data acquisition, monitoring testing, and writing plans, procedures and reports.
• Candidate must be able to work with general direction and must be able to communicate effectively
• Design/analysis to a broad audience, and Standard Microsoft Office applications
• Design CAD/modeling using CREO
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top