Lead Mechanical Engineer
Description: Here within Lockheed Martin we are looking for a Lead Mechanical Engineer to join our growing team. Lockheed Martin's Laser and Sensor Systems delivers innovative laser solutions for the defense, aerospace, industrial, and scientific markets. Our group offers the stability and prestige of a fortune 100 company with the feel of a startup company and a very strong entrepreneurial spirit.
The Lead Mechanical Engineer will work in a dynamic environment where innovation is a part of our culture. This exciting role will include the design and development of laser weapon systems and other laser based optical systems that are field deployable in military environments. Due to the variety of the work, the candidate will need a flexible and adaptable skill set, with a strong learning orientation. Our Lead Mechanical Engineer will:
• Lead a team of Mechanical Engineers to design, document and integrate the mechanical packaging for military laser weapon systems and optical systems.
• Use 3D CAD modeling software to create innovative mechanical concept designs that enable advanced laser technology to perform in the field.
• Perform functions to develop, model, and design mechanical structures and laser packaging.
• Detail designs, hold design reviews and collaborate with drafters on drawing creation.
• Release drawings to manufacturing for production.
• Maintain document, drawing, BOM and product configurations.
• Mentor and help to develop skills of less experienced members of our team.
• Collaborate extensively local teammates and may also correspond and share best practices with teams from other groups across Lockheed Martin.
The role also requires attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills, good organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to thrive in a team environment. We offer a continuous learning environment with strong career growth and advancement opportunities.
The Locale: Bothell is a city located in the state of Washington in the Pacific Northwest. It is part of the Seattle metropolitan area. The population was 33,505 as of the 2010 census. Bothell is home to Cascadia Community College and the University of Washington, Bothell. Bothell was until recently predominantly a bedroom community with most of its residents working outside of the city. Starting in the 1990s, several businesses opened offices in Bothell, creating a regional employment center providing about 20,000 jobs.
Desired Skills: Experience designing and developing ruggedized systems that integrate onto Navy platforms. Familiarity with design for manufacturing. Knowledge of structural and thermal analysis and tools such as ANSYS. Past team leadership experience. Certified Cost Account Manager with understanding of EVMS.
• Proficient at using 3D CAD modeling software, ideally CREO
• Experienced in mechanical system design and electronics packaging for DoD systems
• Basic knowledge of material properties and mechanical fabrication techniques
• Knowledge of tolerancing
• Full understanding of the LM Engineering Process
• Strong interpersonal skills and leadership ability
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top