Language Technologist (Skill Level 2)
- Annapolis Junction, MD
Description:Lockheed Martin Cyber & Intelligence is looking for a Language Technologist to join our team in our Annapolis Junction office. The Language Technologist processes and maintains language artifacts (i.e. lexicons, term bases, word nets, taxonomies, ontologies). Applies analytic techniques to improve performance of assigned lexicons. Leverages understanding of linguistics and assigned language to improve machine translation performance. Prepares test cases to assure proper performance. Collects corpora and evaluates performance of language identification modules.
• Level 2+ language skills or equivalent in the Russian language.
• Seven (7) years of experience working in the target language;
• Four (4) years of experience in lexicography;
• A Bachelor's Degree in Linguistics, Computer Science, or a language is required.
• Language-specific knowledge of morphology, syntax and grammar and at least four (4) years of experience applying this knowledge to create and improve models.
• Strong analytic skills and demonstrated experience using information technology. Shall have a solid background in English grammar and excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Process and maintain language artifacts (i.e. lexicons, term bases, word nets, taxonomies, ontologies).
• Apply analytic techniques to improve performance of assigned lexicons.
• Leverage understanding of linguistics and assigned language to improve machine translation performance.
• Prepare test cases to assure proper performance.
• Collect corpora and evaluate performance of language identification modules.
• Train other lexicographers.
• Define candidate requirements for future development.
• Work across multiple languages.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top