Information Assurance Engineer
Description: At Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company (SSC), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
SSC seeks an Information Assurance Engineer to provide Information Assurance, Cyber Security, and Systems Engineering support for critical processes and projects. The selected candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Perform architecture design & development along with integration of new architectural features into existing infrastructures while maintaining the integrity and security of enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks. Address system-of-system architectural needs by drilling through layers of embedded security within the given Wide Area Network/Local Area Network (WAN / LAN) architecture.
• Apply cyber security standards, directives, guidance and policies to an architectural framework. Provide architectural analysis of cyber security features and relate existing system to future needs and trends.
• Support launch network hardening activities for United Launch Alliance's Network Segmentation project in support of ISO-27001, NIST SP 800-53, or CNSSI 1253. Design network and infrastructure configuration and hardening scripts for ULA Launch Network assets. Configure routers, switches, and security features on equipment from multiple vendors including Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto, etc.
• Provide engineering recommendations based on cyber security needs analysis. Review and provide input to system requirements based on cyber security posture. Compile industry best practices and lessons learned into future iterations and new designs. Provide broad based experience in the systems engineering lifecycle and apply the experience to specific cyber security initiatives relating to architectural design.
• Work with application developers and communicate effectively and transparently with stakeholders on progression, shortfalls, and achievements during lifecycle activities (build, configure, test, decommission).
Desired Skills: • Network Design: Cisco Nexus 5K, 4500-X network and dynamic routing configuration, hands-on data center experience to include Fiber Channel connectivity, configuring and automating out of band management on HPE and Oracle-SPARC gear, Palo Alto Networks rules evolution and network troubleshooting to include tcpdump, wireshark, packet capture, and application attribute collection.
• Server Configuration to support current and legacy SunOS platforms as well as transitions. Solaris x86_64 and IRIX hardening, SPARC virtualization, and Solaris M4000 FC connections.
• Must have Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline with 9 years of professional experience or 7 years of experience with a related Masters degree
• Must be a United States citizen
• Must have an active Secret security clearance
Must have experience with the following:
• Virtualization: VMware vSphere Enterprise Plus 6.0, build-out and troubleshooting
• Hardening Experience: STIG hardening to include for VMware vSphere and ESXi 6.x, RHEL, and Windows Server
• Administration: NFS, ZFS configuration and troubleshooting on multiple *NIX platforms, as well as network and SAN troubleshooting to include NetApp 2240s
• Application: Oracle Database installation and configuration, embedded application troubleshooting to include architectural, library, and inter-application dependencies. Microsoft Visio skills
• Multi-site L2TPv3 and TACACS configuration experience.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top