Industrial Engineer Staff
Description: The Skunk Works (Lockheed Martin - Advanced Development Programs) is looking for world class talent to become part of a team that will carry on our 70+ year tradition making history in advanced aircraft development. The candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Optimize sequence of operations and work flow.
- Create shop floor crew plans to ensure resources are properly allocated and utilized effectively.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze Manufacturing Master Schedules in sufficient detail to monitor progress, assess program status, and identify performance issues in a timely manner.
- Use critical path methodology and application in network development, analysis, and problem resolution is required.
- Create shop floor level metrics to monitor schedule progress and help identify risk areas.
- Work to improve efficiencies through waste elimination and process improvements.
- Coordinate and negotiate commitments between program office, manufacturing and other functional organizations in development of production, modification, spares, rework, recovery, request for quote (RFQ) and special program schedules.
- Analyze compiled data to determine the requirements for development of relatively complex programs.
- Work with others in the development and follow up necessary for the creation and implementation of policy and procedures, and other control systems needed in support of Production Scheduling and Production Operations.
Desired Skills: - 12 plus years of defense industry, manufacturing, and scheduling experience
- Familiar with the Material Management Accounting System (MMAS) requirements, such as, performing internal audits and establishing control measures required
- ERP: 3 plus years of SAP experience (Subject Matter Expert)
- 5 plus years of Master Scheduling experience
- Advanced experience using MS Suite, including Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt/Black Belt Certified
- Thorough understanding of Earned Value Management (EVMS)
- Work independently and contribute to daily site decision making
- Ability to provide daily direction and guidance to junior associates
- Ability to independently perform Master Production Schedule Accuracy audits, compile data for monthly reporting, and develop corrective action plans
- Ability to interface with program management, manufacturing leads, customers, and functional leads
- Demonstrate ability to perform independently and coordinate activities needed to properly carry out assigned tasks by investigating and analyzing verbal/preliminary descriptions, documents and drawings presented
- Develop and maintain production schedules
- Secret Security Clearance within 5 years of investigation
- 5 plus years of manufacturing experience
- 5 plus years of Defense Industry experience
- Master Production Scheduling experience
- Advanced Microsoft Project experience (4 plus years)
- Experience with Manufacturing Planning tools such as Routings, Bill of Materials, and electronic Shop Floor execution systems
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with ERP/MPR Systems
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top