Human Resources Director
Description: This position will lead a team of approximately 7-10 geographically dispersed Human Resources professionals who engage with the business teams on all HR and business initiatives for delivery to the Space population across several major functional organizations (MFOs) and lines of business (LOBs) including Commercial Civil Space, Military Space, Mission Success and Human Resources and others to be determined. This includes but is not limited to: human capital management, talent management, workforce planning, staffing, learning and development, employee engagement, EEO/AAP, compensation and reward/retention strategies and performance assessment. This position will also chair the Administrative Review Committee which adjudicates all Space disciplinary actions.
The selected individual must:
• Be respected as a trusted advisor, recognized as a change agent and able to act with courage when setting strategic direction and executing all HR solutions and strategies that address business objectives.
• Be responsible for HR business partner operational excellence and enterprise consistency in all client interfaces while managing continual conflicting priorities.
• Create a collaborative team environment while continually modeling personal excellence and full spectrum leadership to ensure the team delivers sustained high quality client support.
• Partner closely with other HRM&O Directors to integrate HRM professionals from LOBs, MFOs and Centers of Excellence (COE) to deliver a cohesive one HR team service delivery model.
• Work closely with HRM leaders of LOB's and MFO's to develop long-term strategic human capital plans for their respective organizations.
• Lead, coach and mentor to provide innovative people solutions addressing complex business issues including but not limited to leading change, organizational design, and strategic decision making.
• Partner with peers in COEs to define, develop and deliver all HR processes and strategies for measurable business outcomes.
Desired Skills: • HR leadership experience responsible for managing HR leaders and at least 10 HR professionals
• Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Strong executive presence including capability to successfully engage with highest levels of leadership
• Proven ability to move seamlessly from strategy to flawless execution
• Demonstrated successful project management experience for large scale activity
• Strong business acumen
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong persuasion and negotiations skills and experience
• Experience developing a business case that supported a key HR initiative
• Leadership experience making difficult and sometimes unpopular decisions
• Experience leading change initiatives
• Demonstrated experience developing HR professionals and strong HR succession depth
• Ability to utilize personnel systems to obtain data for analysis and reports
• Proficient in Microsoft applications, specifically Excel
• Ability to produce graphic representations of analytical data for presentations
• Management in a matrix organization structure
• Leadership of a strategic initiative
• Lead for organization design or organization restructuring effort
• Master's degree in related discipline
• Top Secret or SCI clearance
• Prior Space HR experience
• 15 years of broad and progressive HR experience
• 5 years demonstrated success as a senior leader of varied and complex organizations with geographically disbursed team members at multiple levels
• HR leadership experience working with senior executives at the VP level
• Applied project management experience for large scale activity
• Ability to drive a cohesive HR team service delivery model
• Bachelor's degree in related discipline
• Full Spectrum Leader (demonstrated ability to Shape the Future, Build Effective Relationships, Energize the Team, Deliver Results, and Model Personal Excellence, Integrity and Accountability)
• Ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top