Flight Test Instrumentation Engineer
- Marietta, GA
Description:Flight Test Instrumentation Engineer for the Test & Evaluation organization in Marietta, GA. Primary duties will be for the AMMM program which consists of the C-130, C-5, P-3 and S-3 aircraft. Tasks will include:
• Evaluate Airworthiness of System Components / Perform testing if necessary
• Ensure sensors are calibrated to NIST traceable standards per LM Quality guidelines
• Generate fabrication instructions
• Generate installation instructions
• Write operating instructions and procedures
• Provide technical support to the technicians that fabricate and assemble the system
• Configure programable components of data acquisition system per requirements
• Checkout completed Data Acquisition System
• Support scheduled and unscheduled flight test missions
Overtime, odd shifts, and weekend work will occasionally be required.
Travel will be required for many test programs. Travel dates and spans are highly volatile in the flight test environment.
Must be a U.S. Citizen; this position will require a government security clearance. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
Bachelors' degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college.
Experience with and/or knowledge of the following:
• Willingness and capability to fly onboard aircraft and pass an equivalent FAA class 3 medical exam is MANDATORY.
• Aircraft avionic systems and mechanical systems.
• Microsoft Office
• Must have a personality and demeanor to handle the highly dynamic environment of flight test, including the always-changing dates and priorities.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively with a team.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
4 yr and up College
Back to top