Flight Sciences Engineer(Aerodynamics & Computational Fluid Dynamics)
- Marietta, GA
Description:Designs, develops, and tests a variety of power plants, aircraft, missiles, and parts, taking into consideration the most efficient use of the natural laws affecting flight. Establishes structural specifications, performs stress analysis, and conducts performance tests.
Performs Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) related code development and CFD applications in a High-Performance Computing (HPC) environment. Tasks will include: modernizing existing tools to improve capability, accuracy and efficiency; developing workflows to reduce labor and cycle time; and applying codes in support of current and future air-vehicle programs.
NOTE: This position is located at an access controlled facility, only US citizens are eligible to be considered. Additionally, the ability to acquire and maintain a security clearance is a requirement for this position.
Flight Sciences Engineer specializing in Aerodynamics & CFD
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
At Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, we're taking innovation to the next level. From designing the most advanced air vehicle to designing aircraft that defies gravity, our engineers live on the cutting edge of technology. Never have the opportunities for a technical career been so limitless.
What's In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's comprehensive benefits package here.
- Masters Degree from an accredited college in Aeronautical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mathematics or a related engineering degree.
- Prior academic experience developing or testing Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software code
- Prior academic experience utilizing CFD pre-processing mesh/grid generation software
- Demonstrated willingness to diversify skills by staying informed of state-of-the-art developments, experimenting with and championing new technologies and recommending improvements to existing techniques and procedures.
- Academic experience in building, compiling, and debugging complex Fortran (current and legacy versions), C/C++, Java, Scala, Python, R, Red Hat or similar language code.
- Academic experience in software development in GPU based environments.
- Strong working knowledge of tools and libraries available for the Linux operating system.
- Ability to understand complex engineering principles to effectively communicate with users, understand their work, and translate requirements into software solutions.
- Ability to provide guidance to other developers on effective use of computational resources (memory, I/O buffering, threads, etc.) in application code.
- Academic experience in developing, optimizing, compiling, implementing, and testing multithreaded, multiprocessor performance-oriented software with Message Passing Interface, OpenMP, CUDA or other parallel processing framework.
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to learn continuously and the ability to identify multiple avenues to successfully reach team goals.
- Candidate must work well individually and with team members across multiple organizations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to develop clear technical presentations for customers and suppliers.
- Microsoft Office Skills - of particular importance: Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel, Word, and Project.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
4 yr and up College
Back to top