Description: Performs multiple duties in the machine shop including, programming, tool selection, part set-up, and operation of various machine shop equipment. Including, but not limited to, 3-Axis CNC machining centers, manual mills, manual lathes, grinders... etc. Uses MasterCAM 3D Mill to generate G-Code programs to be run on 3-Axis CNC machining centers. Sets up CNC equipment and verifies part conformance to either blueprints or 3D engineering models. Operates and monitors the operation of CNC equipment. Inspects parts using various inspection tools (micrometers, calipers, and gauges) and makes necessary adjustments to programming to maintain consistent part quality. Works with engineering to ensure affordability is met through design for manufacturability.
Desired Skills: - Working knowledge of SolidWorks CAD and/or AutoCad software
- Advanced knowledge of GD&T to include proper interpretation of datum reference frames, positional tolerances, etc. and how to apply this knowledge during set up and programming of a job.
- Advanced knowledge of machine shop inspection tools and inspection techniques utilizing datum reference frames.
- Proven experience troubleshooting, adjusting, and reprogramming existing CNC programs.
- Ability to sharpen/replace worn tools, while adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- More than 7 years of hands on machining experience with CNC machine tools.
- Ability to interpret advanced blueprints or engineering drawings.
- Ability to set up CNC fixturing using best shop practices.
- Ability to maintain safe operations and work area by adhering to safety procedures.
- Ability to maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
- Proficient in generation and troubleshooting of G-Code CNC programs from engineering drawings and/or 3D models using MasterCAM Mill 3D.
- Advanced knowledge of proper speeds and feeds with respect to cutting tools and materials.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top