F-35 Lab Systems Engineer
Description: This is an opportunity to work on the Labs and Tech Services (L&TS) System Engineering team. L&TS a highly innovative team responsible for developing, testing and maintaining aircraft simulation systems and subsystems utilized for aircraft capability integration and weapons systems development from concept design through production and delivery. Within L&TS resides an extensive collection of systems integration and test capabilities, including low-cost rapid prototyping concept development systems, full-dome handling qualities simulations, high-fidelity multi-ship, real-time, man-in-the-loop simulation systems, Reprogramming Laboratories, and hardware-in-the-loop mission systems and vehicle systems integration venues.
This is a System Engineering position to work on the F-35 Reprogramming Laboratory Projects. The primary responsibility of this position is to perform as a technical leader on the reprogramming lab system engineering team in performing planning, system requirements, system design, system integration and verification activities that are necessary to successfully complete milestones leading up to the full verification, validation and delivery of the reprogramming product capabilities to our customers.
This position will require close coordination with the simulation software, hardware and supplier development teams to ensure an effective system engineering interface is established across the different aspects of the Reprogramming Lab products. This position will also provide technical support and advice to the laboratory operations staff to support integration, operation, and upgrades to the deployed systems.
This position may require unique program security clearances that will be initiated upon selection and acceptance in filling this position. Final approval of these security clearances is dependent upon the Department of Defense (DoD) and could take an extensive amount of time to be granted. During this waiting period, the work assignments directly related to this position will be limited. Therefore, auxiliary organization work assignments will be provided.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access and a Secret clearance to start.
Desired Skills: - Degrees preferred: Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering
- Knowledge of Product Development lifecycle
- Knowledgeable using the following Tools DOORS, MatLab, SysML
- Knowledgeable of F-35 Missions System Architecture
- Knowledgeable of F-35 Mission System Sensors
- Experience working in a Laboratory environment
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Candidate has familiarity with F-35 Mission Systems Architecture and subsystems, DOORS requirements management tool, and SysML design experience.
- Has a demonstrated software or hardware development experience.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including team building and collaboration
- Effective communication skills: written, oral, listening and technical writing
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline
- Experience in performing system requirements development, system design development, system integration and verification on complex systems
- Experience with Aircraft Avionics Sensors - Radar, Electronic Warfare, Communication, Navigation and Identification (CNI), Data links
-Experience with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin's Employees
Whitley’s job is all about integrating data sets that will efficiently and effectively move projects through visualization and development stages to final deployment.
Back to top