F-35 Aircraft Mechanic 3 (Seat Mechanic)
Description: Manages general servicing, repairs, and overhauls of aircraft ejection seat and environmental systems to ensure that aircraft life support systems are in good mechanical condition and safe for flight. Perform as an integrated egress systems mechanic, providing support in maintaining the aircraft life support systems and overall mechanical condition of the F-35, ensures Good Housekeeping and Safety practices are enforced. Responsible for customer training via On-The-Job Training and complete work assignments in accordance with joint technical guidance. May perform periodic inspections and general overhaul and repairs or modifications requiring replacement and assembly of parts. Provides technical assistance as required. Creates and assigns work-orders in the Autonomic Logistics Information System, Requisitions parts using the Autonomic Logistics Information System. Performs Safety of Flight Completed Maintenance Inspections and In Progress Inspections. Must be able to work a Flexible Shift Schedule.
Additional duties and related responsibilities will be assigned as required.
Physical Requirements: Regularly required to lift up to 50 pounds and perform repetitive movements, work overhead, use hands to grasp, handle, and/or feel, reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, squat, crawl, and twist.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
Must have an Interim Secret Clearance prior to starting.
Desired Skills: - F-35 aircraft or Fifth Generation aircraft maintenance experience.
- Knowledge of working with composites and Low Observable Coatings.
- Possess a functional capability on standard computer software programs.
- U.S. Navy, or U.S. Marine Corps experience with thorough understanding of Fighter Aircraft Systems and Operations under COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2.
- Experience and knowledge of Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) or Integrated Maintenance Information System (IMIS)
- Experience in Portable Maintenance Aid (PMA) activities such as aircraft forms documentation, technical data usage, and supply chain management activities.
- Working Knowledgeable of such programs as Hazardous Waste Management, Safety, Training, FOD, Security, Supply Chain Management, and Time Accounting
-Considered candidates must be capable of working first (1st), second (2nd), or third (3rd) shift(s) dependent on customer needs.
- Must possess 4 years aircraft ejection seat maintenance and environmental systems experience.
- Must have been previously awarded an Air Force 5 to 9 skill level or equivalent USMC or US Navy CDI qualification or possess equivalent civilian experience with associated credential such as a licensed FAA "Airframe and Power plant or Inspector Airframe license.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top