Description: Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin Company in Troy, Alabama, is a 173,000 square foot facility with 400+ employees performing new airframe assembly of the U.S. Navy's MH-60R and airframe modifications to the CH-148 for the Canadian Air Force.
The Expeditor's responsibility is to ensure materials are received when they are due by following corporate guidelines and operating instructions under the direction of a buyer or management. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Basic communication with Supplier, including, e-mail, phone, fax
- Coordinate with Engineering, Quality, and Purchasing to resolve issues
- Follow up with Supplier prior to required date
- Communicate Supplier delays
- Follow up with receiving problems
- Confirm receiving for Drop Shipped PO's
- Follow up with invoicing problems
- Update the Shortage Database, Supplier Portal and SAP systems
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by management
Desired Skills: Successful applicant will have demonstrated experience in focusing on results, adaptability, forward thinking, customer focus and analytical thinking
The successful applicant will be well versed Microsoft office tools and have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- This is a first shift position, but some duties may be required beyond normal business hours and on weekends depending on manufacturing and business requirements.
- Minimal travel may be required to support supplier/vendor relationships and/or enterprise Sikorsky/LM initiatives
Bachelor's degree required; manufacturing aerospace experience a plus
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top