ESH Intern - Generalist
Successful applicants will have excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills with a customer-focused approach. The primary focus of this position is to provide technical Environment, Safety and Health (ESH) support across multiple business units. This is a unique opportunity to work in a challenging business environment and gain experience working for a large company.
Direct responsibilities include:
• Educate Line Management as well as participate in performing Audits of ESH systems to ensure facilities are compliant to relevant ESH procedures and regulatory requirements
• Facilitate site assessments and workplace ergonomic analyses.
• Collect ESH data and report systems metrics for the business.
• Monitor local ESH regulatory requirements to ensure facilities/product centers are compliant with local regulations.
• Facilitate and participate with line management in ESH management system audits and inspections as needed.
• Track and follow-up on ESH related internal audit / ESH inspection corrective and preventive actions.
• Facilitate and participate with line management in ESH incident investigations and root cause analysis.
• Implement Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky ESH Standard Practices and procedures to align with OSHA, EPA, CT DEEP, and other government agency regulations.
• Organize, conduct, analyze, and report on all required ESH related drills, inspections, programs, activities, and other requirements as identified in appropriate standards and regulations i.e. Job Hazard Assessments, chemical inventories, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) programs, contingency planning, Safety Data Sheets (SDS), etc.
Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Occupational Safety and Health, or related field at an accredited University.
Miniumum 3.0 GPA
• Knowledgeable in OSHA 1910 General Industry and OSHA 1926 Construction Industry standards
• Willing to work 2nd and 3rd shift as needed
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office software
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Ability to track, trend and analyze data
• Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines and be flexible
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Stratford Connecticut
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin's Employees
Whitley’s job is all about integrating data sets that will efficiently and effectively move projects through visualization and development stages to final deployment.
Back to top