Envron Hlth & Sfty Common Systems Sr Mgr
Description: This Lockheed Martin, Enterprise Business Services (EBS) position reports to the corporate Energy, Environment, Safety and Health (EESH) Advocacy & Governance Director.
Leads a functional staff responsible for the design, selection, implementation, maintenance and continual improvement of the enterprise strategy for the Lockheed Martin ESH Common IT Systems. These Common Systems directly support the implementation of the ESH Management System for the corporation and align and enable strategic priorities including global compliance management, risk evaluation and mitigation, modernization and improved operational efficiency, and leadership and employee engagement. The position directly engages with the broader Lockheed Martin EBS IT organization, external suppliers, corporate EESH and other functional staff members, and ESH and IT representatives from Lockheed Martin business areas. This is a dynamic, fast-paced environment where the ability to effectively manage competing, multiple priorities and time is expected.
Specific job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Identifies and incorporates IT solutions that create the best value for the enterprise;
- Establishes effective working relationships with business area ESH leadership and staff and team members in support of common enterprise processes and procedures;
- Collaborates with corporate EESH staff, BA ESH staff, EBS and BA IT teams and external vendors for requirements development and implementation of common enterprise processes and tools;
- Performs as a subject matter expert (SME) for project management and implementation of IT strategy and implementation, including budget and resource needs, project scheduling and development of business cases and executive briefings;
- Establishes associated user training programs, communications and resources and ongoing user community dialogues and feedback mechanisms;
- Maintains awareness of and focus on emerging trends in IT tools and technologies that best support and improve implementation of ESH programs;
- Develops appropriate resources and tools to analyze enterprise-wide ESH data and information to identify key trends, program and compliance needs;
- Implements common programs and processes across ESH function to achieve affordability, efficiency and compliance objectives;
- Engages, represents or provides staff to represent Lockheed Martin at appropriate external associations, conferences and organizations to maintain awareness of industry trends, tools and resources.
SELECTED CANDIDATE MUST BE LOCATED AT A MAJOR U.S. LM SITE WITH A PREFERENCE FOR SIGNIFICANT EESH OR EBS PRESENCE, e.g., Curie Court - Rockville, MD, Fort Worth, TX, Orlando, FL, Valley Forge, PA.
Desired Skills: - Demonstrated strategic and analytical thinking skills
- Global ESH regulatory knowledge; analyzing regulatory requirements, assessing impact and implications for operations
- Experience leading IT systems definition, concept of operations, and integration activities
- Experience developing domain work flow and process diagrams
- Proven experience driving COTS principals, commonality, and simplicity
- Ability to consult with domain experts and drive the best solution for the business
- Ability to acquire and leverage IT domain knowledge during large scale project development and implementation (e.g., platforms, architecture, hosting)
- Multi-disciplinary leadership experience in areas such as ESH, Operations, Engineering and/or IT
- Demonstrated experience supporting a wide variety of ESH compliance programs (e.g., safety, environment, due diligence)
- LM21 green or black belt or other continuous improvement tools and techniques knowledge
-Bachelor's degree and 15 years or master's degree and 12 years of professional experience
- BS or MS in science, engineering or technical field
- Demonstrated leadership experience (budget management, critical thinking, delegation strategies, talent management skills)
- Ability to understand complex issues and formulate plans and program objectives
- Ability to effectively engage across multiple business areas or at multiple organizational levels
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of ESH management systems
- Demonstrated experience with tactical components to execute an ESH management system
- Experience performing detailed analyses and review of data and statistical information
- Strong verbal, written and presentation communications skills
- Advanced level of proficiency with computer-based tools and applications (Microsoft Office tools)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top